What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with PSG!

Tom Mann

Guru
Upon seeing the new activity in this thread, I quickly browsed through several forums (but didn't post anything), and everything seems nice and zippy, at least here in DC on fiber optic.

Tom M

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Just for the record..No issues here.

MrToM

Guru
Thanks guys,

I'll assume now then that any further problems are down to me.

Regards.
MrTom.

Steve

Retired Administrator
Thanks guys,

I'll assume now then that any further problems are down to me.

Regards.
MrTom.
Tom, if you would post here in a few days and let me know how the site is for you, good or bad.

The server needs to be cleaned and dusted regularly but only when issues are apparent.

MrToM

Guru
No worries Steve, will do.

I've had a 'spring clean' myself and so far not bad, the odd random Avatar missing now and then (On the 'Whats New' page), but nothing major....its certainly better than of late.

Thanks again, appreciated.

Regards.
MrTom.

Hoogle

Guru
When you are logged out of the site your default theme is only a cached version which is causing you the issues. You will need to clear your PSG Cache and Cookies to fix it. Log back in and set your default theme within your settings rather than the quick theme selector at the bottom which will reset it.

A lot of people had this issue especially those who were logged in at the time of the update.

MrToM

Guru
Tom, if you would post here in a few days and let me know how the site is for you, good or bad...

I've given it a thorough testing, trying to do as many different things as possible in as many different ways as possible and its good and bad news.

Its better in the respect that the CSS formatting seems to load each time now, it hasn't been as bad as my previous screen shot since that post.

Unfortunately thats as far as the good news goes.

Avatars on the 'Whats New' page are still randomly missing with each page refresh.

Members are answering posts that haven't even shown up on that page yet...for me anyway, and they do not appear to be posts needing moderation, although this is a possible cause.

Images 'attached' do not always show for some time....despite being viewed by others.
And it's not just me, see Pauls recent first post HERE

Most of the time [now] I have to immediately edit my posts as all formatting is lost when submitted.
I carefully format my posts to make them easier to read.
Not only is this fast becoming a right pain but it also makes it look like I can't write a post without making a mistake.....as each one is edited almost instantly......harrumph!

On that note, even just typing in the reply box is not always a simple task...
THIS recent thread was started by a member who then had many problems writing a reply.

I still frequently get the 'Server Not Found' message too, no worse but no better either.

Most of that could be down to work being carried out on the site but without that knowledge one has to assume the worse.

Regards.
MrTom.

PS.
I keep getting this crop up more often now too...

secure_connection_failed_01.png

...ggrrrr.

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I've given it a thorough testing, trying to do as many different things as possible in as many different ways as possible and its good and bad news.

Its better in the respect that the CSS formatting seems to load each time now, it hasn't been as bad as my previous screen shot since that post.

Unfortunately thats as far as the good news goes.

Avatars on the 'Whats New' page are still randomly missing with each page refresh.

Members are answering posts that haven't even shown up on that page yet...for me anyway, and they do not appear to be posts needing moderation, although this is a possible cause.

Images 'attached' do not always show for some time....despite being viewed by others.
And it's not just me, see Pauls recent first post HERE

Most of the time [now] I have to immediately edit my posts as all formatting is lost when submitted.
I carefully format my posts to make them easier to read.
Not only is this fast becoming a right pain but it also makes it look like I can't write a post without making a mistake.....as each one is edited almost instantly......harrumph!

On that note, even just typing in the reply box is not always a simple task...
THIS recent thread was started by a member who then had many problems writing a reply.

I still frequently get the 'Server Not Found' message too, no worse but no better either.

Most of that could be down to work being carried out on the site but without that knowledge one has to assume the worse.

Regards.
MrTom.

PS.
I keep getting this crop up more often now too...

View attachment 54812

...ggrrrr.

Thanks for this, MrT.

I'll pass this on to James for him to see what he can make of it....

MrToM

Guru
...Thanks for this, MrT...
No worries...I was a bit delayed but got there in the end.

Sorry it wasn't better news....I must sound like a right whinging-pom!

Here's a grab of the missing Avatars.....a minor problem i know but...still a problem.

missing_avatars_01.png

This also happens too, although not so much.....another CSS issue maybe? (Narrowed to fit 700px)

CSS-problems.png

Regards.
MrWhingingPom.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
No worries...I was a bit delayed but got there in the end.

Sorry it wasn't better news....I must sound like a right whinging-pom!

Here's a grab of the missing Avatars.....a minor problem i know but...still a problem.

View attachment 54819

This also happens too, although not so much.....another CSS issue maybe? (Narrowed to fit 700px)

View attachment 54820

Regards.
MrWhingingPom.

LiZad!!!..... Put my avatar back!!!!!!.....

That crazy reptile pockets it sometimes.... lol.

I dunno whats going on, guys. Just bare with us.....

MrToM

Guru
No worries...

It was spooky that the moment I returned to the 'Whats New?' page that it was YOUR avatar that had gone missing!

I just had to grab it! LOL.

You're back now though, safe and sound,.....now its someone else's turn.

Regards.
MrTom.

MrToM

Guru
@MrTom what browser and version number are you using?

Firefox but under the Waterfox x64 wrapper. (It was just the same in x86 too)
Ver 37.0.1
All Caching is disabled.

Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1

Regards.
MrTom.

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
MrTom thanks for the info. I sent you an email, let's correspond there to see if we can resolve this. Thanks!

MrToM

Guru
No worries...thanks for looking into it.

Regards.
MrTom.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
WOW............the forum has gone WHACKO!!!!!

Posts appearing out of nowhere!
Click on one thread and end up on another!
Zee's tapatalk message appearing out of nowhere.
Image uploading not working........

This is a long list!

edit: Now it's acting fine.

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
WOW............the forum has gone WHACKO!!!!! Posts appearing out of nowhere!
LOl....tell me about it!

Here's an example of you answering a post that hasn't even been posted on the forum yet...!

missing_post_01.png

missing_post_02.png

I've got to say....you're good!

I'm in talks with Admin at the moment to try and sort it out so it may be that the site is being worked on.....but then you should know better than me...why am I telling you this? LOL

Regards.
MrTom.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I took these the other day, but earlier today I was getting pages that load like this..........

Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 4.56.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 4.56.52 PM.png

I just kept hitting reload until it cleared.