What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Tips for Uploading Animated Avatars

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
I'm aware some members have had problems uploading animated avatars.

The most common reason for this not to work is due to the animated avatar exceeding the maximum size limits in either pixel dimensions or file size.

When you upload a non-animated avatar that is larger than the allowed pixel dimensions it will simply be resized to fit, but if you try this with an animated avatar it will lose the animation.

Currently the max dimensions of an avatar are 150px wide by 300px tall, and 2MB maximum file size.

If you have double checked the size of your avatar and still have problems please let me know and I will look into it further.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I tried with a file to spec at 14kb. And I still get the message "You may not upload animated images".

But I did notice that as one's forum level goes higher the upload priveledge is gone (like SeniorS when he was raised to Senior Member level, he couldn't upload an animated gif like he used to and Power Users had animated gifs ) .

Steve

Retired Administrator
I should have left it to SeniorsS but I changed his avatar to the one he was trying to install.
Since he changes avatars more that I change underwear I'm sure he'll try again soon and we'll see if the problem is still there.

Steve

Retired Administrator
Try it again yourself first.
I sent SeniorS a PM yesterday and he got back to me saying everything is OK now.
Otherwise I'll try through the Control panel.

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
It should be fixed now... if not please let me know dv8.