What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notifications

MikeMc

McGuru
All changed with the upgrade. When I click on my notifications, every new post shows up...and I cannot figure out which one I am notified of...Cannot be right?:banghead:

MikeMc

McGuru
I just got a CORRECT notification....Hope you tweaked something!

Hoogle

Guru
when you click on notifications it just loads up your profile where you get sub menus currently it is set default to all which shows activity for whole site. A little plugin has been written but not active yet so that instead of it defaulting to all activity it will just show the users activity. However as we are using a mod for the thanks/like we will need to write another plugin that fits with that mod so that when you get a notification for a like it will default to the likes sub menu and same for thanks and quote etc. But for now if you get a notification you will manually have to select it from sub menu.

The red indicates sub menus for activity feed
the yellow indicates submenu for notifications
Capture.PNG Steve MikeMc

Hoogle

Guru
Steve go to forum actions in top nav bar >general settings> bottom option on left sidebar menu you will see DB Tech settings you can disable email notifications there.

ibclare

Queen Bee
All changed with the upgrade. When I click on my notifications, every new post shows up...and I cannot figure out which one I am notified of...Cannot be right?:banghead:

Mine go to the last post, lol.

Hmmm, not sure if I understand your response Hoogle. But I bet if I stick around, it'll get straightened out, lol.

EDIT:

I tried again to sort through your post Hoogle

I am not sure if you don't understand my problem or I don't understand your answer.

I am referring only to notifications that let me know another post has been made in the thread. This is not referring to a quote, a thanks, a like, etc. So if my notification says, So&so has just replied to a thread . . . when I click it, I end up in the last post, not the notified post.

EG: Sam replies in post #13, I click the notification of his reply and am directed to post #17.

Last edited:

MikeMc

McGuru
Yep sure did Steve....Thanks!

Now I think most things have settled down, and I think I can find them!

Here is where I found all the facts.....

menu.PNG

Last edited: