What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoiler tags / challenges

kerby

Banned
I'd just like to ask if the code can be added to the bbcode list, or if there is an alternative I could use? I'd argue that it's useful, especially when posting multiple large images in one reply. It takes a long time to browse threads with multiple replies like this, and could be shortened with the spoiler code.

On a side note, when is the next forum competition going to be posted? I would love to participate but it looks like it's been over a month since the last basic challenge kicked off.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey kerby, I for one do not see the advantage of a spoiler tag. Perhaps you can explain your reasoning better.

On your side note, the contest release and duration dates are posted in the PS Gurus Photoshop Challenge Guidelines. Due to the extended Basic challenge, the timing has been drawn off. Give us some time to work it out.

Screen Shot 2016-02-25 at 3.55.46 PM.png

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I'd just like to ask if the code can be added to the bbcode list, or if there is an alternative I could use? I'd argue that it's useful, especially when posting multiple large images in one reply. It takes a long time to browse threads with multiple replies like this, and could be shortened with the spoiler code.

Thanks for your input and you've got a point. This will be passed on to our admin who manages the site. We'll get back to you on this one.

kerby

Banned
I for one do not see the advantage of a spoiler tag. Perhaps you can explain your reasoning better.

Let me see if I can elaborate... My main point is that it would ease navigation. Typically if I know I'm going to be posting a lot of images in one reply, I will put all the images and text into a spoiler. Not everyone wants to see a long post in its entirety, especially if you're visiting a thread multiple times. From my experience this is common across most forums...

the contest release and duration dates are posted in the PS Gurus Photoshop Challenge Guidelines

I looked at the schedule and saw no new information, that's what initially prompted my question.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Let me see if I can elaborate... My main point is that it would ease navigation. Typically if I know I'm going to be posting a lot of images in one reply, I will put all the images and text into a spoiler. Not everyone wants to see a long post in its entirety, especially if you're visiting a thread multiple times. From my experience this is common across most forums...

I looked at the schedule and saw no new information, that's what initially prompted my question.

We've got a snag as we're still awaiting word from the winner of the previous basic challenge. He was supposed to launch the new one last Sunday.

The advanced challenges will be released as scheduled.