What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Images to Your Posts As Attachments

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
With the recent forum software upgrades, it is now easy to attach images and insert them into posts, and it can accommodate even very large image files.

Images can be attached on your very first post.

Adding images this way will keep them on our server and insure that they are not deleted by third part image hosts.

To attach an image and insert it into your post use the "Insert Image" button on the toolbar or use Advanced mode (if you are replying... don't use Quick Reply) and scroll down to the button Manage Attachments, then click on Add Files and select your images, upload them, and then you can insert them into posts at any time.

You can upload JPG's up to 5000 x 3500 pixels.
Maximum file size of 32000kb (32mb) or less.

Inserting the images into your post gives you thumbnails like this:

0 (24).jpg

0 (12).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve

Retired Administrator
You can also click on the "Insert Image" icon
insertimage.png
on the tool bar above.

Bucket

How do you up load a tutorial consisting of 2 images Plus The Tutorial for a newbie. A pop up says put your URL in, but i do not no what this is can you help.
Bucket

Bucket

I did exactly has you described. The two pictures and the tutorial uploaded,but how do you know that they have. The tutorial was for a member called Axelcary. Bucket

Steve

Retired Administrator
I did exactly has you described. The two pictures and the tutorial uploaded,but how do you know that they have. The tutorial was for a member called Axelcary. Bucket

I'm confused.
You said
Bucket said:
How do you up load a tutorial consisting of 2 images Plus The Tutorial for a newbie.
Do what I said and like every other post you've left here you see it after you click on "Post Quick Reply" or "Submit Reply"

Specifically what are you trying to do?

Bucket

I have changed my email address. Just before i came to type this in i filled another form in for the webmaster. I have had over 6,000 ! emails, thats right. In answer to your question, i think it was Guassican, said use the advanced method. I did, and clicked on two photographs, and the tutorial,and they were meant for a newbie called Axelcary
but i have not heard from him. I apologise for this mixed up reply. Bucket

Bucket

I am still lost off about these Attachments. I have just clicked on the insert image, and a pop up comes up asking you the URL of your image. Its the same as the video. Can you please show me how its done
Bucket

SeniorS

Guru
I am still lost off about these Attachments. I have just clicked on the insert image, and a pop up comes up asking you the URL of your image. Its the same as the video. Can you please show me how its done
Bucket
If you figured about attacments then don't read it :)
If not then:
1. To manage attacments and uploud images directly to PSG server press "Go Advanced" that is besides "Post Quick Replay".
2. Now look little down (personally i need to scroll window) there is section "Additional Options" and there is button "Manage Attachments". Press it.
3. New browser window will apear. There is button "Add Filles".
Add your image to post throught it (following steps) and then no additional uploading to some mystic images server will be needed.

If after that you'll still confused then i could make screenshots.

rckmartin100

After upgrading new features its very easy to upload image attachment, because every newbie faced these problem's on different forums, now i appreciate you for adding main feature in this forum.

polarwoc

Guru
You can upload JPG's up to 5000 x 3500 pixels.
Just looking at this post from 2010 and wondering if this is still valid in 2020? If so, is it possible to upgrade capabilities of the forum such that it accepts images that are 5000 X 5000 Px or higher?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just looking at this post from 2010 and wondering if this is still valid in 2020?
Yes.

Here's another place where files and sizes are outlined.

If so, is it possible to upgrade capabilities of the forum such that it accepts images that are 5000 X 5000 Px or higher?
I will have to check on this one.

polarwoc

Guru
If this forum can accept higher resolution images, that wold deem it unnecessary to rely on third party image hosting sites. Also avoids the need to downscale images every time a draft is uploaded - although it would be wastage of bandwidth to upload HQ drafts when a low quality one would suffice to give an idea to the OP.