What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replicating Google's Logo

I doubt that many people find the tutorial useful, but that's just me...

Why do you think that?

There are people who aren't the greatest when it comes to photoshop and any tutorial helps, this is just showing how to replicate a world famous logo.

Nice tutorial MT.

And as for being "useful", it's not always about what the final image looks like LayerZ. I have followed many tutorials without a care in the world what the final outcome looked like. Or even if the final was "useful". It's about the techniques involved in getting the result. For some people, beginners such as myself, the journey is much more important than the destination.

I will also share a bit of wisdom passed down from generation to generation in nearly every family in the world. "If you cannot say something nice, don't say anything at all". I think the same phrase can be said about criticism. If it's not constructive, don't do it.

If we were all condesending arrogant photoshop gods, this site would not be necessary.

Oh and btw, before you start defending MONSTERtuts; he's just a cheap spammer in camouflage.

Now I think that you're totally wrong, if i were a spammer I would've spammed all of my tutorials straight away, but I didn't. Now at least I went onto the forums and did some posting unlike others who just do something like www[dot]google[dot]com.

And finally i might add whoever owns a website and doesn't want to get traffic from anywhere they can simply shouldn't be running a website, if a source goes down you always need a backup.

You're making assumptions, I never said anything about the final image.I fully agree, but that's exactly the issue here, there is no "journey", unless you call "carbon copying" the settings of two screenshots a journey.

Assumptions are all that can be made with the reply you made. Maybe be more specific next time. Did you happen to think that the beginner would most likely have never even given a thought to using Render Lighting. Those that would be interested in his tutorial probably have no idea how to use that filter. And probably aren't aware of what it can accomplish. They would have used layer styles and achieved an effect similar but in no way correct for the final outcome. Therefore, the beginner would learn a new way of handling lighting for future projects.

You call that wisdom? Avoiding any criticism and instead only opening your mouth for praise?
Good and bad criticism are both good things if done constructively. But your reply telling him nobody would want his tutorial wasn't constructive in any form or fashion. As is the case with quite a few of your replies on this board.

Nice to hear that you're the almighty who can decide for me and everybody else what is considered constructive.
Do you really think that anyone above the age of 5 could have found your original reply constructive?

If it's unclear why I don't like it, you simply ask like MONSTERtuts did, now that's what I call wisdom.
Why should people have to ask? If you make a reply to a post, you have something to say. Right? Well, say it the first time around. Get it out in the open and move on. Why make everyone wonder what you are really saying.

Great, get personal when people don't share your opinion....sigh
Hmmm.... Now who is assuming? I didn't get personal. YOU took it personal. Nowhere did I say YOU are a ... However, you seem to think the shoe fits.

Oh and btw, before you start defending MONSTERtuts; he's just a cheap spammer in camouflage. The only time he "contributed" was in his first 5 posts, which were required to make it technically possible to post any links to his site. All he cares about is traffic that relates in more advertisement income. And guess what? This site already had its major share of spammers and most members really started to hate them.
Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Maybe, just maybe, he would have became a card carrying member of this site. I doubt he will now. I know I wouldn't after the warm welcome he has gotten here. Same reason why there are so few new people coming to this site. I know I was hesitant to become a member here. Main reason behind that is how the "pros" here seem to talk down to beginners. You may not think so, but if you really go back and read through some of your replies from someone else's point of view, you'll see that you tend to talk down to people as well. Maybe you don't know how to communicate your thoughts in a positive and supportive way? I don't know.

I for one, no longer need this place. There are forums out there that are way more friendly than this place. Where one can get an answer to his/her question without feeling like their experience level makes them an idiot.

I stayed away from this site for a time for the very reasons I already stated. Things haven't changed. Only the names have. After midnight tonight (EST) I will no longer come to this site. Say what you will. I'll read it and move on. Take care.

Regrards,
Dave

Last edited:
MONSTERtuts

I appologize for butting in on your thread. Even though I doubt it is possible for you to feel welcomed here, I wish you all the best of luck at this forum and with your site. Don't get me wrong, there are indeed some good folks here. Why they still continue to come here is beyond my understanding.

Regards,
Dave

Back