What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating Text with Diamonds Effect

kutti

Diamond dust are sometimes mentioned in literature as poisons. It should be considered as equivalent to powdered glass. These substances are usually taken with suicidal intention and sometimes used for homicide.
Symptoms and signs: When taken internally, powdered glass produces a sharp burning pain in the throat, stomach and abdomen.There is nausea and vomiting, the vomit being blood stained.There is generally constipation but sometimes diarrhoea with tenesmus and blood. Death may occur from shock if stomach or intestine has been perforated. Due to the presence of silica which is radio-opaque, glass pieces may cast a faint shadow on x-ray and this helps in diagnosis.
Treatment: This consists of giving bulky food, such as large quantity of rice or banana, to envelope the fragments of glass within it, and then of emetics and laxatives but no violent purgatives. The rest of treatment is symptomatic.
Consult your doctor.

ByteHunter

Personaly I don`t like this effect because the diamonds don`t look good.

Last edited:

loose111

I was looking at one of Verizon's Flash demos regarding their picture phones and there's a portion where you can drag the phone over a horizontal scrolling menu and snap a picture of a portion of the scrolling image. It works really well and I'm curious as to how this might be done or if anyone knows of any tutorials that would lead me in the right direction that would be great.