What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sun faded picture effect.

Pinhead186

Well I figured I have not contributed to this forum yet so here we go. This is just something I like to do to see what things may look like down the road if they get weathered. You know like when you see that faded crackled coke label. OK step One. we will start with a photograph of a lake.scenic_lake2.jpg open it up in photoshop.

Pinhead186

Step 2 Select Image>Adjustments>Shadow/Highlights. Have the Shadows equal 100% and the Highlight equal 0% and you should get this.scenic_lake2shadow.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Pinhead186

Step 4. Select Edit>Fade Find edges. I Put the opacity to 24% but you can play around with it to get you desired effect and here is the final image. Enjoy!!scenic_lake2final.jpg

Pinhead186

You may even be able to use this for something that you want to give an aged package look.

draine

Yeah! coffee stain or some cracks/rips to make the picture (as in the thing not the image) look old. Sorta like a 3d effect.