What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Tutorial] Basic Grunge Signature

~Sidefx™

Basic Grunge Tutorial

1. Open a new document, I'm going to use the following settings:
tutorial1b.jpg

Then paint the background black.

2. Blending Options > Gradient Overlay. Then create a new layer and set it to screen. Paint the background black and then Blending Options > Gradient Overlay, but in the Gradient Overlay menu use the following settings on this layer:
tutorial2yz.jpg

You should now have something like this:
tutorial3ly.jpg

3. Now it will get a bit more difficult. We're going to grab some Grunge Brushes, any will work.

For your convenience here's a link to some:
Grunge Brushes

in this tutorial I'm going to use the Grunge Notion Brushes.

Now with Black as your foreground color begin brushing in different places, on a new layer of course but don't over do it, it will look better in the end.

You should have something like this:
tutorial4k.jpg

Next take a White brush and on a new layer brush a few places, set this layer to Soft Light.

4. Time to set your render. I'm going to use this render from Assassins Creed:
http://www.thedesignworld.com/renders/game...ssassins-creed/

Go to Image > Image Size -- Set the height to 150.

5. Duplicate your render 3 times, and lightly smudge them, set the 3rd Duplicate to Overlay.

Then take a White Grunge brush and softly brush over your render, set the Opacity to your likings.

OPTIONAL: Under your render, placing a C4D could add a nice effect, but it's up to you :) In this tutorial I'm going to use one.

By now, if you've followed this correctly, you should have something along the lines of this:
tutorial5.jpg

6. Next we're going to add a nice border. Go to Select > All. Then Modify > Border, use 2px for the best look. Now take the bucket or a brush with black as your foreground and color in the selected area.

7. Let's add a nice text, shall we? Let's not make it stand out too much, it will take the focal point off the signature. So after placing your text (Hopefully small and of the same color scheme) set the opacity to a lower number, so it dosen't show as much.

Finally! :D

You should get something along the lines of:
ac1.png

Thanks for reading :)

Back