What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skin Softening

salvadore

Got a short one here, but that doesnt mean its not a sweet one, wait, i guess the saying goes, short and sweet!
Got a short and sweet one here folks.

Final_1.jpg

This is a quick and easy process to soften the skin. It works so well you can create an action of the steps and batch process a folder full of images with great results!
Step 1:
Command+J (control+J on PC) to duplicate the layer
Step 2:
Command+I (Control+I on PC) to invert the layer
girls-with-freckles-19copy.jpg

Step 3:
Add a highpass filter to the layer, Go to Filter/Other/Highpass, and use something around 5, hit ok and set the blend mode for the layer to "overlay". Looks like crap? Not to worry.

girls-with-freckles-1.jpg

Ste 4:
Add a Guasian Blur, Filter/Blur/Guasian Blur, set this to half of what the highpass was set to, in this case around 2.5

girls-with-frecklesFinished.jpg

Step 5:
Now if you would like you can add a layer mask and paint back in some of the original image like the eyes and lips, but not manditory.