What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fire Text

sassyprint

Great piece! But I think this can still go better. Can you try making the text glow more? I think the solid yellow color can still be improved so it blends with the golden/copper fire above.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I do agree Sassy, but for Frey's early effort, pretty good. The two colors could be brought closer together. The bright gold text to the softer and the subtle coppery fire to the bolder colors. It would be nice to see them entwine more.

tally

Wow, really like the results you got. This is way too advanced for me. Can you guys maybe recommend a video tutorial series to really start from scratch?

tally

tally, are you just going after your 5 posts? The tutorial is listed in the first post . . . sheesh
ibclare, I was at the office, didn't have more time for now... I didn't mean a tutorial just for the fire writing... I came across this forum whilst looking for a good ps tutorial in general. I really wanna learn how to use it, but all the tutorials I can find look very advanced. That's why I was asking. Is there a series of tutorials you would recommend for ps beginners?

ibclare

Queen Bee
Yes, actually, but I have to look for them. I'll edit this post when I find them. I hope they're bookmarked . . . I was just heading to bed and checked new posts first. If I can't find anything tonight (it's after midnight for me), I'll look tomorrow, but by then maybe some others will have posted links for you.

I have used lynda.com, and still do for that matter. They have a subscription rate of $25.00 US per month for basic. The premium is $35 I think and includes the working files. It is a really excellent way to go if you want to cover the basics (and beyond). These are all videos and I haven't yet seen one that was not well done. The instructors are good; the videos are clear and I think easy to understand. I recommend you give them a try, if for no other reason than that the collection is comprehensive and organized.

Last edited: