What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lighting & Colouring (The Artsy Farsty of Fashion)

db1machine

Lighting & Colouring
(The Artsy Fartsy of Fashion)

Hello, I am db1machine and today I will be showing you how to do this.

Tutorial Example.jpg

Thats right! We are taking a sexy Goth chick in a rusty bathtub, and now only making it even sexier, but
stylish as well! We will be utilising blending techniques, basic use of adjustment layers and a quick-fix technique
to give our photo the "Airbrush" look.

Firstly, download the stock image from my friend and comrade; xstockx
http://xstockx.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=72#/d3hp1lh

Then... we begin.

Tutorial Colour and Light.jpg

Please feel free to save it to your computer or just open it here, follow the instructions and show us what you did! The key thing to tutorials is -not- being afraid to experiment between each stage. Before you commit your blending layers and click "OK" why not play around and see what happens when you move the sliders around.

These techniques are very basic, but also VERY effective. Simple, quick and easy touch-ups that can make the most desaturated, weird and strange pictures into the most stylish, glamourous and interesting images that I always post up. Because I rock. Seriously, if me and the Expendables movie had babies... it would be bullet proof.

Cheers for checking it out, and good luck.
Love, db1machine.
Xxx

Final result, below.

Bandphotoexample.jpg