What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help Creating Chizled letters

i need help creating an effect. I want it to look like engraved letters. Like they've been chizled into a tomb stone. It's probably not that hard, but i can't figure it out.. I need this one fast! If anyone could help i'd be really happy!

namvet

Power User
digitalmistake .. the sixth tutorial from the top at http://photoshopgurus.com/tutorials.html may give you the effect you're looking for (last page of tute goes into creating the carved in effect) .. good luck ... namvet

enquery

Chisled Letters

I loved this tut. And it worked very well for me considering the steps were looong. Gotta make an action :)

I had someone tell me though they wanted just the letters "carved" on an alpha. I have to admit I'm newish to some of these techniques so I was unable to wrap my head around how that would be done without the "cement" base for the letters. Any thoughts? My thoughts are you'd have to approach the "carving" in a whole different manner.