What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Request] Lighting effect like this?

Frozen924

So I'm wondering how I can go about doing this light effect but I can't find a tutorial about it so I'll ask here :)
If anyone knows of a tutorial on how to do this or can just tell me themselves it would be very helpful. The lighting effect is in the picture attached.

Please and thank you

Devin

Attachments

• Lighting effect.png
    Lighting effect.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 48
1. Copy the layer
2. Go Image > Adjustments > Black and White. The default settings are fine.
3. Go Image > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast. Pump the contrast all the way up, play with the settings so it fits your picture.
4. Select the area you want to be white using your favorite selection tool. Feather the edges of the selection by going Select > Modify >Feather, and make an amount appropriate for your picture. Go Select > Invert, then press the delete button. You should be left with a white smudge on top of your original picture.
In the layer palette, making sure that your white smudge layer is selected press the "fx" button and select "Outer Glow"
5. Play with the settings until you're happy with them.

Keep in mind that the example picture was taken with a very bright key light, no fill, and a rim light. While it's best to shoot your photos how you want them, a trick I like to do is do steps 1-3, then adding he "multiply" blending mode.

Back