What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone can help me to make this filter on the picture ? pictures attached

MsA89

Anyone can help me to make this filter on the picture ? pictures attached

The left side pic is the normal one

and the right side pic is the filtered one

by the way, this filter is called "instant" if you have iphone with new iOS7 (you will find the filter in camera or while editing pic from photo)

filter makes pic a bit sharper, yellowish a bit

can you help me to find the right setting to make it in photoshop

i tried to play with levels and brightness but couldnt really get it

if you have iphone with iOS7 you might wunna take pic and try the effect to see how it changes the pic

thnxxxx :D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 7

ibclare

Queen Bee
Try using Layer>adjustment>photo filter. You can choose from a number of tones and decrease or increase the degree of warming, etc. As for the sharpening effect, you probably need to do that separately using filter>sharpen. Or you could try duplicating the layer, setting to overlay, hard light, multiply, or other, and lowering the opacity of this layer. Sometimes that will do it. Or not, lol.

Changing the color can also be accomplished using a hue/sat layer adjustment, even a color filled layer above with a blend mode change.

Since I haven't tried this myself, I can't be sure it is good advice, especially given that your colors are odd, with desaturation in some areas. Not having the same phone, I can't say . . .

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
Go to Google Images and search for {"cross processing" tutorial}. Pick one that gives u the colors u want & follow the tutorial. As Clare said, sharpening is done separately from color using any of the standard methods.

T

Tom Mann

Guru
pickone - One can clearly obtain this and many other cross processing looks in ACR, so it's a good suggestion, but this thread hasn't been active since November 2013. Since the OP currently has only two posts to his name even after all this time, I doubt he will be coming back to read your suggestion.

Tom

pcasey14

On Gimp I'd just use airbrush. That gives full customization of opacity, color, and application. I'm not familiar enough with Photoshop, just AfterEffects.