What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Correct colours in scanned image

DDG

Hello,

I have scanned some 100 book pages and then adjusted the images produced using the "Levels" feature. The blacks and reds became stronger, but not pure. Please see the screenshot attached.
I would like to know how I can make blacks black and reds red.

Regards,
Daniel

Attachments

• Unpure colours.png
    Unpure colours.png
    155.5 KB · Views: 3

Tom Mann

Guru
With hue, on black & red channel...[/QUOTE pickone: No. This isn't necessary. The black has a saturation of zero, and the red has a hue of zero degrees and a saturation of 100%. In other words they are fine exactly as they currently are and shouldn't be changed.

@OP: Most likely, either (a) you are using a monitor that hasn't been hardware calibrated, or, (b) you have a problem with color profiles on your system.

HTH,

Tom M

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Old thread Tom. pickone is bumping.

Tom Mann

Guru
Thanks, Sam. I spotted the other old thread that he bumped, but didn't notice this one was old as well.

T