What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make this glow effect?

Rsbandla

Kevin-Durant-MVP-Wallpaper-800x600.jpg I was wondering if anyone could help me to create this glowing effect around his face and around the sides of all the players and especially the bright light near the bottom as well as the light beams coming out of them in the background. At first I thought it was color balance but I'm not able to get that same glow. If anyone could help me out it would be great. Thanks in advance

pcasey14

If you have a picture you want with a glow I'd be happy to help. Other than that it's a little tough to explain?

You basically streak out the light with a blur... but on a separate layer so it doesn't interfere with the rest of the picture. Streak out in straight lines to retain the lines in the light. As for the glow itself, I'd use a white airbrush and just gradually decrease opacity on that as I move out. Maybe use a red airbrush towards the inner area to make the fiery look?

A much easier option is to find royalty-free pngs of rays and copy/paste line them around the object. The glow itself would still have to be manually done with a duplicate layer of the object, then expand and do the glow effect.

Just a few options.

Last edited:

MikeKennethDevine

That is a brush used on an isolated layer, placed over the image and blended using type of "Vivid Light" or similar.

I used pretty much the same technique here, around the word "EARTH", looks of the same type for me:

Attachments

• Meanwhile on Earth Cover 2.jpg
    Meanwhile on Earth Cover 2.jpg
    862.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: