What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Pls. Something Like Reddish Photo (Photo Attached)

Sierraccr

Power User
I have a workflow that I do with every photograph before I even start any retouching.

1. Open photograph and duplicate the background. Open a curves adjustment layer and choose on lowest eyedropper "set white point" and click on something white in the photo.

2. Open a different curves adjustment layer and click on upper eyedropper "set black point" and click on something black. This usually over-saturates the photo, so reduce opacity until you are happy with it.

That usually goes a long way to getting the color correct.

What you do next depends on what you want. I do my retouching at this point, depending on the photo and what's wanted. What do you want to do with this?

After I finish working, I normally try to sharpen it a little with either an unsharp mask or hi-pass layer.

Tom Mann

Guru
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you want. I can't tell if you have other photos that you want to make look like the one you posted, or you want us to remove or reduce the red background and slight red color cast in the foreground of the one you posted, or possibly enhancing it in some entirely different way.

Also, I can't tell whether or not you want to learn how to do such work yourself, or you want someone to do it for you for free.

Please clarify.

Tom

Tom Mann

Guru
Since it wasn't clear exactly what you wanted, I assumed you wanted the photo that you posted generally improved, eg, color balance, contrast, sharpness, etc. Also, since I strongly prefer to teach PS, not do free work, I intentionally made the effects a bit too strong (to make the efx easily visible), as well as substantially down-rez'ed your photo, and put my watermark on it so it can only be used for teaching purposes. I'll be more than happy to explain what I did.

Tom M

Attachments

• DSC_0686-tjm01-acr-ps02c_sRGB_698px_wide_GIF_comparison.gif
    DSC_0686-tjm01-acr-ps02c_sRGB_698px_wide_GIF_comparison.gif
    279.8 KB · Views: 38

metaliztah69

apologize to my thread sir Sierraccr and Tom Mann

what i meant with these photo is that, what image adjustment or tools could be used to have a best result or good look. Or could you please give me a psd file sample like you did sir
Sierracc and Tom Mann. Thankz.

metaliztah69

honestly sir Sierraccr and Tom Mann this is my wedding photo. I just want to print it in a good look or best result and attach to my wedding photo albums but i don't know what tools or adjustments could be used. I have a lot of wedding photos here with the reddish light result, all i need is one sample of teaching/tutorials or psd file sample and i will work the rest of the photos..

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Mabuhay Sa Bagong Sakal!!... I mean, KASAL..... :eek: :rofl:....... sori... biro lang, padre.... hehehe...

Congrats and best wishes to you and your wife.

Each member here has different ways to do this. If you use Photoshop, we can teach you how it can be done. Do you have Photoshop?

This is a quick sample edit - one of many ways of how to remove the red color cast using adjustment layers....

Wedding.jpg

If you are requesting for someone here to do this for you, you have to be clear and specific in saying so.

We prefer to teach rather than do a free edit of this sort. If someone here decides to help you out, it may take time to do so please be patient and visit back from time to time to see if someone has an edit for you.

metaliztah69

Mabuhay Sa Bagong Sakal!!... I mean, KASAL..... :eek: :rofl:....... sori... biro lang, padre.... hehehe...

Congrats and best wishes to you and your wife.

Each member here has different ways to do this. If you use Photoshop, we can teach you how it can be done. Do you have Photoshop?

This is a quick sample edit - one of many ways of how to remove the red color cast using adjustment layers....

View attachment 46435

If you are requesting for someone here to do this for you, you have to be clear and specific in saying so.

We prefer to teach rather than do a free edit of this sort. If someone here decides to help you out, it may take time to do so please be patient and visit back from time to time to see if someone has an edit for you.

Thank you so much sir dv8_fx

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
:cheesygrin: English only forum, bro...

Please translate for others to understand....

I'm sure there will be those who will come forth to help you out. But like I said, you have to be patient as it takes time to do.

If you can follow what the others direct you in PS, Tom who is a master at these things can help you out. You'll just have to visit this thread from time to time as right now, I think he's asleep... LOL.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Salamat sa tulong boss dv8_fx.palpak talaga yung wedding photographer namin, ni wala nga siyang dalang lights. Effortless talaga yung ginawa niya, ang mahal pa naman talent fee ko sa kanya. So ang ginawa ko, nagpatulong na lang ako dito sa PSG baka sakali meron dito boss at eto pala ang correct term galing sayo on how to removed color cast using adjustment layers. Marunong ako kunti sa photoshop editing pero sa ganitong sample photo ko, mahirap talaga anu gawin dito. mabuhay ka admin dv8_fx maraming salamat...

TRANSLATED...

Thanks for your help, dv8. The wedding photographer we hired was lousy, didn't bring lighting equipment with him. Didn't put much effort during the shoot and we spent so much for his fees. My only recourse is to ask help from PSG in hope to find an expert and learned a few things from you like removing color cast using adjustment layers. I know a bit of PS editing but with this image of mine, it's difficult what to do with it. Salutations to you dv8_fx thank you very much.

metaliztah69

Since it wasn't clear exactly what you wanted, I assumed you wanted the photo that you posted generally improved, eg, color balance, contrast, sharpness, etc. Also, since I strongly prefer to teach PS, not do free work, I intentionally made the effects a bit too strong (to make the efx easily visible), as well as substantially down-rez'ed your photo, and put my watermark on it so it can only be used for teaching purposes. I'll be more than happy to explain what I did.

Tom M

Sir
what tools or adjustment did you use aside from sir
dv8_fx
color casting techniques?pls. help. :cry:

Tom Mann

Guru
I did pretty much what ZipedX did: I used ACR for most of the correction. The main differences are that:

1. Instead of using "auto", I used the color correction eyedropper tool in ACR on the bride's dress to get a decent initial white balance, and then tweaked by eye from there;

2. I cranked up the "clarity slider" to get more local contrast; and,

3. I adjusted the tonal sliders to set the black point (and cut through the haze), and bring out contrast in various tonal ranges.

HTH,

T

Tom Mann

Guru
Oh, and I just remembered that I also:

4. Adjusted the HSL controls in ACR to further subdue the overall red cast and bring up the cooler colors in the image; and,

5. Added a bit of vignetting (darkening the edges) to concentrate attention on the subjects.

T

metaliztah69

Oh, and I just remembered that I also:

4. Adjusted the HSL controls in ACR to further subdue the overall red cast and bring up the cooler colors in the image; and,

5. Added a bit of vignetting (darkening the edges) to concentrate attention on the subjects.

T

thankz for the help sir tom i will try my best to edit with myself...

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
thankz for the help sir tom..aside from camera raw in adobe bridge, what shall i do in photoshop cs5 to come up the white balance,contrast,cooler colors, and a bit vignetting?
I did almost everything in ACR -- very little in Photoshop itself. As I recall, I did only two final tweaks in PS:

a) A small amount of large radius unsharp masking (...look up this phrase -- it's a lot like the clarity slider); and,

b) Added a bit more darkening around the edges to focus the viewer's eye on the center of the image.

Both of these were relatively small effects that could probably have been done in ACR, but I felt that a bit more of each was needed, so rather than go back, I simply did them in the main part of PS.

By the way, in your last message, you used the phrase, "...aside from camera raw in adobe bridge...". This makes me worry that you think that the only way to access ACR is through Bridge. This is not the case. If you go into "Preferences", you will see an option to make all JPG images opened by Photoshop come in through ACR (ie, instead of first going to Bridge). This is much more convenient.

HTH,

Tom M

metaliztah69

By the way, in your last message, you used the phrase, "...aside from camera raw in adobe bridge...". This makes me worry that you think that the only way to access ACR is through Bridge. This is not the case. If you go into "Preferences", you will see an option to make all JPG images opened by Photoshop come in through ACR (ie, instead of first going to Bridge). This is much more convenient.

HTH,

Tom M

I get it sir tom...:thumbsup: