What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Request] Light wave tutorial?

Crivitz Chris

Hello everybody. I am new to this forum and was hoping that anybody here can assist me as web searches have come up inconclusive :banghead:

What I am trying to find is the effect that can create the "lined wave" design that is above the GT-A logo. I don't know what you call it and how to recreate it. It's multiple lines that follow a wave/ribbon direction. Searching for Ribbons and wave tutorials haven't lead to the results I was looking for.

Any assistance will be appreciated! :)

IMG_2211.jpg

Igrecman

You could just make straight lines and curve them as you whish with the Liquify filter or Warp effect

Or perhaps you could try to make what is called a Physiogram. http://photoextremist.com/how-to-create-physiogram-long-exposure-photographs
They are created by making a faint light (like a LED) swing on a string, capturing the movement with the camera on the floor set on long exposure mode in total darkness. The down side is that it's always circles and ellipses but with the Liquify filter, all modifications are opened. The up side is that in Physiograms, even if it is a missed one, just a tiny section of it can be a masterpiece. The fist one bellow is just a small part of a huge one.

Three of my own tries at Physiograms

Physiogramme-2.jpg

This one is negative colors

Physiogramme-1.jpg

A complete one using different colored mica filters and a crossing pass
Physiogramme-4.jpg

Last edited: