What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Request] How do I add text and make it look normal?

How do I add some text on this guy's hat and make it look normal, Like if it was already there? Any help would be nice btw I'm new to the forum first post actually. uploadfromtaptalk1426830373514.png

Rich54

Guru
Several ways to do this, some more complicated than others. What I did here is fairly simple:

1. Enter your text on a new layer. Rasterize the layer.
2. I added a bevel & emboss to the text, but this is optional.
3. Select Edit>Transform>Warp>Arc, which bends the text into a smooth arc. You can adjust the settings to change the amount of bend. It's trial-and-error, but I used negative 10% horizontal bend.
4. Select Edit>Transform>Rotate to rotate the text to match the hat. Use the Move tool to position the text. You may need to adjust the size (Edit>Transform>Scale) of the text to match the available space on the hat.
5. I made some minor tweaks using the Warp tool and Edit>Transform>Skew.
6. Lastly, I used a Curves adjustment (with a mask) to lighten the letters on the right, matching the light shining on the hat.

Curved Text.jpg

Paul

Former Member
Great effort but one point of actuality, if the hat did have that on it in real life the right hand side would have a large blank section, either make it smaller and centre through middle of the hats centre line, or leave as is but with missing letters around righthand side of head.:mrgreen:

My attempt was poor because I'm not that good at photoshop but I think mine turned out okay any improvements? Haven't really mastered the curve tool so idk how that turned out but thanks for reply man yours looks fantastic uploadfromtaptalk1426919369537.png