What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tutorial Help - GIFs?

KyleBucket

Hey everyone, I'm begging for some help on something that could be fun. I'm no pro Photoshopper, but I'm not a scrub either. I surprise myself sometimes. But the one thing I cannot figure out is the video side of PS. I'm currently on CS6 and I'm trying to simply replace the face in the gif with another face. Of course, it's the meme crying MJ face.

I know how to upload the file into PS and have the frames broken down into layers. I've googled some tutorials and they all lead to the Tweem animation, but I can't quite figure out the language in how to make that work. I always see this rocket ship example (which is perfect, but I can't replicate it). Can someone help me out with this with maybe a step-by-step or some screenshots? It seems simpler than I'm making but because I don't get it, it's 10x harder. The original gif is here: CRoxDogUsAAA9KW.mp4

I'm trying to replace that guy's face with this:
Screen Shot 2015-10-19 at 3.43.10 PM.png

So basically I want this head (above) to come out of the hole instead of that baseball player's head.

ANY help would be so, so appreciated.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Kyle and welcome to PSG.

The video in the link you provided contains a video group that has been merged. This means that the timeline layers used to create the video are lost. You will need to start from scratch.

I will see if I can post an example for you.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, here is a gif that I made using the video timeline and not the frame animation.

BallparkGIF_02.gif

Here is the .psd file.
View attachment BallparkGIF_02.psd

All I did was to set up the effect in the layers.
Opened the timeline, selected 'create video timeline'.
I then used the 'transform keyframes' in the 'Player with transparent BG' to animate the motion.
I started with the 'player' in the lowest/hidden position on the first keyframe.
I then added the second keyframe and raised the 'player' to the highest position using the Move Tool.
I then added the last keyframe and lowered the the 'player to the hidden position again..with the Move Tool.

When I was done, I went to FILE > SAVE FOR WEB > and saved as a .gif