What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have always stated that I try to do at least one or more tutorials a day. I find that even if I'm mostly familiar with the technique described in the tutorial, I always seem to find one or more things that I did not know. Another self imposed challenge is to alter the tutorial and try to make it different.

Here is a wonderful tutorial that I stumbled upon today.

It's the Transparent Shirt - Photoshop Effect presented by Andrei Oprinca at PSDBox. I used the references provided on the page. This tutorial is an excellent exercise in layer masking and layer masking.

Inspired by a Fiji water TV commercial that came on while I was doing the tutorial, I decided I would add a black and white element to the finished image. I will include the image and the layers panel so you can view what I have done.

Image #1
Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 11.44.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 11.44.46 AM.png

Image #2
Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 11.45.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 11.45.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 11.45.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 11.46.00 AM.png

There are many other alterations that can be made to this technique, if you feel industrious, I would like to see any variation you might come up with!