What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I do this effect, like in this picture:

yamurbina

Avicii-True-Avicii-by-Avicii-2014-1200x1200.png

Hey Guys, this is my first time here.
I think they put 3 pictures. 1 pink, 1 green, and one black of the guy's torso with no head.
How can this be done in photoshop, with multiply? any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

This may not be exactly how it was done , but until I have chance to sit down and figure it out, here is my best guess.

I think it's solid color adjustment layers set to hard light. There's also some creative masking going on.
Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 7.09.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 7.12.19 PM.png

Try this with the curves tool.

Hip Hop Effect Untrue.jpg

Make 2 copies of the original image. one for Green, one for Magenta.
Make one grey Background layer.
Make one white text layer.

Green.jpg
Click on the first layer. To change the color to green use the curves tool and push up the curve in the Green channel and the Blue channel. Layer Blend mode multiply.

Magenta.jpg
Click on the second layer. To change the color to magenta use the curves tool and push up the curve in the Blue channel and the Red channel. Layer Blend mode multiply.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks chris, I have been covering for a sick colleague this week and I have not had any time to sit down and work out this effect. I knew what I did was not cutting the mustard.

yamurbina

EFFECT2 copy.png
Thank so much Sam and Chris, you both helped me a lot!
I tried it, with more practice and better pictures I'll get better results, but I think is well to begin. :cheesygrin: