What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Low Poly Portrait - Elliot | Mr.Robot

Gabz

Hello everyone,

I'm here to show you a Low Poly tutorial i have done with the Elliot character from the tv series Mr. Robot.

Hope you enjoy guys, thanks!

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Gabz and welcome to PSG.

Thank you for the tutorial.

I do have one question, while using the Pen Tool you choose "make selection". This defeats the purpose of using the Pen Tool since converting to a selection rastorizes the path. You also must use the drop down menu or right click everytime in order to choose "make selection".

Since your only creating straight lines, why wouldn't you use the Polygonal Lasso Tool? It will snap to the grid the same as the Pen Tool and it's use results in an immediate selection, thereby speeding up your workflow since you no longer need to make a menu choice as you do with the Pen Tool.

I do realize that the Pen Tool gives you the chance to alter the path before it's turned to a selection, but with the Polygonal Lasso Tool, the time saved would be advantageous and if you make a mistake, you can quickly hit Cmd/Cntrl + Z (step back) and then redraw the polygon. Also with the Polygonal Lasso Tool, you can hit delete to go back one step before the selection is closed.

Gabz

Hello IamSam,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to review and write your comment.

I had the chance to try what you suggested, and it's obviously quite faster.
I've taken in consideration your suggestion and created a note in the video, actually created a Poll Question, since YouTube disabled Annotations =(

Once again thank you, I'm glad you noticed that.