What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creepy hands under skin

Photo123

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if someone know a solution for combining texture of one photo in to another. I was trying to make a look alike picture as IMG_0545 . It looks like there are hands under the skin. I have tried to get the same results by combining picture 'IMG_0546.jpg' with 'IMG_0547.jpg'. Sadly, I can't make it work...

I have tried to use blending modes like 'Multiply', 'Screen', 'Soft light' and displacement. But I always struggle with the fact you can see more than the hands. It makes the picture darker at the place where the picture of the hands are pasted. I have tried to cover unnecessary parts by using a mask, higher up the contrast, used curves to minimalize greys. But you can see on the right side of picture 'IMG_0546 .jpg' that isn't good enough.

I hope you have an answer...

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0545.JPG
    IMG_0545.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0546.JPG
    IMG_0546.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0547.JPG
    IMG_0547.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 32

Argos

Guru
I think the best way is to use the image of the hands as a mold and use the tool of unde-rexposition and over-exposition to recreate the lights and shadows, i think it's not and easy job but at the end as i said is just shadows and lights just keep trying with opacity adjustments to make it subtle but noticieable.

Cheers!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Not an easy one but I had a go at it.

Is this what you're looking for?

inside.jpg

Photo123

Argos: Thank you very much. I will try it soon!
Eggy: Yes. That's what I meant! How did you do this? :) Thank you very much!

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Untitled-1.jpg

- Separate the body from the white background
- Add a white background as separate first layer
- pick a skin tone from the body layer
- add a new layer on top of the thing layer and fill it with the skin tone
- Apply an overlay blend mode on the skin tone layer
- merge the thing layer and the skin tone layer
- drag it on top of the body layer and make it fit the way you want
- apply a soft light blend mode on the thing/skin tone layer
- apply a layer mask and brush away the excess. You may have to adjust the brightness and/or hue saturation
- I used curves to adjust the whole

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great work guys! I know we had a thread about implants/body mods that I think would help with this question.........I just cant find it!

Photo123

Thank you!

Is this a different method than Eggy explained? If so, can you give me some information about your technique?

I think it's great to learn different methods. The method used may yield a different result per photo. So, more methods equals more possibilities!

Nice to see that a lot of people would like to help me.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, it's a bit different. Give me some time and I will post what I did.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The first thing I did was to open the "mans back" image and take a color sample from the darkest shadow.

Then I opened the "creepy hands" image in it's own document.

I duplicated the "creepy hands" image and turned off the original.

I opened the Channels panel. I highlighted and made a selection of the green channel by hitting the "load channel as selection" icon located at the bottom of the channels panel or you could hit Cmd/Cntrl + clicking the thumbnail.
I then inverted the selection by hitting shift Cmd/Cntrl + I.

I switched back to the layers panel and created a new layer.

On the new layer, I filled the selection with the dark skin shadow color I sampled earlier.
This is transparent and will allow the natural skin color to show through when it overlays the "mans back" image.
I will call this new layer CHTL.
Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 1.00.19 PM.png

I then used the move tool to move the CHTL over to the "mans back" document by dragging it to the tab. You could copy and paste.
Once in the "mans back" document, I converted it to a smart object. I then resized and rotated it into position.
Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 1.00.54 PM.png

I then added a layer mask to the CHTL.
I used the Brush Tool to blend.
Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 1.01.15 PM.png

Lastly I clipped a Curves adjustment layer to the CHTL and adjusted the the Reds and Blues.
Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 1.01.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 1.25.19 PM.png

Photo123

Thank you all for the help. Every version looks good! I will take the tips and tricks with me so I can try it out soon!

lazym13

Wow this was very helpful, I was looking at this kind of effect the other day too. Thanks