What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A very simple request { Please help }

Status
Not open for further replies.

DariusBaws

Hi..

well, I will be short. can you help me by adding some effects on one of these photos?

TmLI6HO.jpg

6tM0R5J.jpg

I don't wanna make something sophisticated, but 2-3 effects, or in the background smth.. would be very good..

Last edited by a moderator:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Darius and welcome to PSG. You may want to be a little more specific about the "effects" you wish to add to your images, otherwise, you leave yourself open to just about any interpretation of "effects".

DariusBaws

Hello Darius and welcome to PSG. You may want to be a little more specific about the "effects" you wish to add to your images, otherwise, you leave yourself open to just about any interpretation of "effects".
I just want to make the photos to not be so simple.. Do you understand?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, not really. There are far too many "effects" that would accomplish this. You really should be more specific.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Try looking for examples online that are close to what your shooting for.

DariusBaws

No idea what you have in mind.... but consider yourself "Photoshopped".

View attachment 59610
wow, amazing!
Try looking for examples online that are close to what your shooting for.
that was an example, could you do something like that? i would want to see one picture from you, with that type of edit.
but not with desert, I do not really like it. something different..

Last edited:

Rich54

Guru
Darius, you're telling us what you don't like (the desert), but you won't specify what you do like. The "example" you provided is a Google query with hundreds of images that, to me, have nothing in common.Your Google query was Studio Effects, but that could mean absolutely anything. If you are willing to be much, much more specific and descriptive than you have been so far, there are creative people on this forum who enjoy this type of thing. But for now, I still have absolutely no idea what you mean by "do something with the background".

DariusBaws

Darius, you're telling us what you don't like (the desert), but you won't specify what you do like. The "example" you provided is a Google query with hundreds of images that, to me, have nothing in common.Your Google query was Studio Effects, but that could mean absolutely anything. If you are willing to be much, much more specific and descriptive than you have been so far, there are creative people on this forum who enjoy this type of thing. But for now, I still have absolutely no idea what you mean by "do something with the background".
well, i don't really hate or, simply dislike the dessert but you know.. it's somewhat "monotonus".. wouldn't be more interesting a background with a.. i don't know, a palace for example, or a beach, or some buildings around the sea.., or nature.. mountains, green grass, a park, forest or something like that? or why not a street without lights and without people, seen tonight. how about that? there were only some examples, I don't know what is in your mind now because you, by knowing how to work on ps you have a lot of ideas in your head and you have an other perspective.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Darius, sorry for sounding like the broken record.............errr..........skipping CD..........but there are just too many effects to choose from. Yes, we may have ideas, but this is about what you want and not about what ideas we may have. Please, take your time and visit with some sites or Googled images until you find something specific that appeals to you. As has been stated, we have many members that would be willing to help you out. But we can't just be taking our time to create effects that you may or may not like. You really need to figure out what you want.

Tom Mann

Guru
Hey Darius, sorry for sounding like the broken record.............but we can't be taking our time to create effects that you may or may not like. You really need to figure out what you want.
Let me try to put Sam's statement in more concrete terms.

The regular members of this forum can probably reproduce 90% of the MILLIONS of effects that are available. You may like say, 100 out of these millions of effects. So, the chances of us randomly stumbling on an effect that you happen to like is like 100 / 1000000, i.e., 1 chance in 10,000, or 0.01%. I can't speak for others, but there is no way that I'm going to waste my time on someone that I don't know, and who is apparently not willing to participate in the process with odds that incredibly poor. We all have better things to do.

However, if you give some hints about what you like (ie, NOT what you don't like), the odds get much better, and there is a good chance someone might be willing to help you.

Finally, you should be aware that people occasionally troll discussion groups for the sole purpose of trying to get people to do utterly meaningless work for them. To be honest, because of your seeming lack of any obvious goal and unwillingness to put in any time yourself into the process, this possibility has crossed my mind about you. If you really do want a nice, eye-catching image of yourself, do yourself a favor, do some research and give some thought to what you want/like and prove me wrong about you possibly being a troll.

Tom M

DariusBaws

Hey Darius, sorry for sounding like the broken record.............errr..........skipping CD..........but there are just too many effects to choose from. Yes, we may have ideas, but this is about what you want and not about what ideas we may have. Please, take your time and visit with some sites or Googled images until you find something specific that appeals to you. As has been stated, we have many members that would be willing to help you out. But we can't just be taking our time to create effects that you may or may not like. You really need to figure out what you want.
However, if you give some hints about what you like (ie, NOT what you don't like), the odds get much better, and there is a good chance someone might be willing to help you.

Ok man, I ve understood, my ideas must be more definitely. I thought a mansion or a beautiful landscape in the background of the photo would be awesome. Or a 3D landscape, why not.. ? I said landscape because I was thinking about that and a palace, a golden palace, but that might be a little bit "pretentious" so, you know..
A landscape is more than ok! :)

Last edited:

Helios

I thought a mansion or a beautiful landscape in the background of the photo would be awesome.

As this is the most specific you've been so far, I'm just going to chip in and advise that the next step should be for you to go and find some images of beautiful landscapes and palaces that you like, and post or link them here for someone to work with. Try to narrow it down as much as possible to two or three different pictures.

Again, the issue here is that while someone may go and find some images like this, the chances of finding ones you like are small and the process is way harder than if we start with something we already know you like.

Good luck! :)

DariusBaws

As this is the most specific you've been so far, I'm just going to chip in and advise that the next step should be for you to go and find some images of beautiful landscapes and palaces that you like, and post or link them here for someone to work with. Try to narrow it down as much as possible to two or three different pictures.

Again, the issue here is that while someone may go and find some images like this, the chances of finding ones you like are small and the process is way harder than if we start with something we already know you like.

Good luck! :)
Yeah men, but I am not so fastidious, if in the background would be what I mentioned above it would be very ok. I don't know, I searched a few images on google but if you know other beautiful images you are not necessary supposed to choose from my pictures. Understand me?

WillowRussiaMansion.jpg
3d-landscape-wide-high-definition-wallpaper-download-3d-landscape-images-free.jpg
3D-luxurious-golden-palace-corridor.jpg
45864afff58b4b84e4d9389a9d41ec23.1000x563x1.jpg
HD-landscape-photographs-27.jpg
grand_mansion_01by__fuguestock_hdr_by_mohagha-d4yay3d.jpg
apan-nature-landscape-hd-wallpapers-fresh-new-desktop-nature-images-fullscreen.jpg
nature-landscape-pixel-caribbean-1920x1200-wallpaper28317.jpg

As I said, there were only some ideas of a possible photos, or backgrounds, you can choose others or you can edit those, you can crop them, you can do whatever you want with them..

Status
Not open for further replies.