What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help please! (Marriage proposal pic!)

PS_N00B

Hi everyone,

First of all let me just say that I have seen many of your works and just WOW at the things you can do in minutes that would take me weeks!

I have proposed to my gf of 10 years a couple of weeks ago and simply want to combine one picture with the other. The pic in question with myself has had the top of the Burj Al Arab hotel snipped off but I had many pictures taken so I think this should be simple for anyone but me (and I have tried but cannot get the gradient colours right :rolleyes:)

Simply put I just want the tip of the hotel to be blended in with the rest of the picture with a nice blended sky (there are no clouds so hopefully that makes it easier!). I have also attached an attempt by myself that looks nearly right but unfortunately cannot get rid of the different sky colour tone line but that is what I would like if possible :)

In advance thank you loads to any who help me!

Peace

PS I cannot upload here as my images are 2988x5312 and the limit is 3500x3500. If anyone could PM me and I'll gladly send you the images via email or other method! Thank you!!

Thank you for your reply and suggestion!

Links:

Image without tip of building: http://www.mediafire.com/view/9w93sk24z7yw20q/20151110_175754_-_Copy.jpg

Image with tip of building: http://www.mediafire.com/view/sp2qcgr84z5sv4b/20151110_175720.jpg

Some editing I did myself but as you can see hasn't got the perfect blend at the top: http://www.mediafire.com/view/79iknojdg7mwfcb/Screenshot_2015-11-23-00-27-11.png

If possible I would like to include the whole original image simply with the top added above although I am aware this isn't great from an aspect-ratio/conventional resolution perspective but that is all good! Nothing else required I shall apply filters etc myself but again thank you in advance and I hope this isn't too much trouble!

Peace

I am currently unable to work properly, but as I was a bit bored I did a quick edit for you.

editsmall.png

I will do final touch ups later and give you full res file back.

But unfortunately I have things to do now.

Last edited:
Dude I can not thank you enough!! Was driving me mad trying to do it thank you loads!!!

This looks 100x better than my effort, again many thanks!

I look forward to the high res version with the touch ups, can't believe how quickly you did this!

Cheers!!!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Sorry to bump this but could I get someone to do the touch-ups/original high resolution if Hoogle is too busy?

Would really appreciate it, love this community you guys are amazing!

Thanks.

Unfortunately, as you surmised, Hoogle is more than fully occupied at the moment, and probably for the foreseeable future. Maybe someone else will step up and give you a hand with this, but please be patient: our main emphasis is teaching photoshop. We also get a lot of requests for free work and it's completely up to each individual member of PSG whether they want to work on a particular request.

One technical question: In your attempt, you warmed up, and otherwise modified the colors present in the original pix. Can we presume that you only are asking for the two starting images to composited together (at full rez), and then you will take care of colors (and other possible tweaks) yourself, right?

Cheers,

Tom M

Great to have you back, Hoogle!

Assuming you weren't going to be around, I just took a quick shot at this request, as well. I produced 4 versions, 2 at full rez and 2 down-rez'ed to display in the forum. Each pair consists of a straight composite (as requested) and a version in which I enhanced the colors and tones a bit.

Cheers,

Tom M

Attachments

• TJM-compsite-ps03b_698px_hi-01_no_adjustments.jpg
    TJM-compsite-ps03b_698px_hi-01_no_adjustments.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 29
  • TJM-compsite-ps03b_698px_hi-02_xtra_color.jpg
    TJM-compsite-ps03b_698px_hi-02_xtra_color.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 29
  • TJM-compsite-ps03a-01_no_adjustments.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 1
  • TJM-compsite-ps03a-02_xtra_color.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 1
Wow this is absolutely perfect. Exactly what I wanted and just couldn't do myself.

I cannot thank both of you enough, you are both very talented and extremely generous!

Again thank you, take care both of you!

Back