What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi
I have a picture of my mother on her first communion day.
Its the only photo she has of her self and it was damaged at some stage.
It would mean a great deal to me if someone could help fix it. (in time for Xmas if possible) :)

I have a 2400dpi scan of the photo. but it wont upload, i would need to upload it somewhere else.

Thanks in advance

regards
gary

Last edited by a moderator:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

Go to MEDIAFIRE and open an account, upload your image there. Then you can post a download link.

Tom Mann

Guru
The link to the photo works, but having the scan would be *much* better.

Unfortunately, the link to the scan still isn't working. I don't use Mediafire, but with some similar file sharing services, you can't just copy the URL that appears in the bar in your browser. Rather, the link that you should give out to people is either somewhere on the page, or you click on something on the Mediafire page, the link appears in a box, and you can copy it.

If you try again, and really can't get it to work this way, just try zipping the file from the scan, and if it's not too large, the forum's uploading software will let you upload the zip file directly here. It will object and say that it doesn't recognize the "zip" file type, but just ignore that warning and follow exactly the same steps you would do if you were uploading a JPG directly here.

Good luck.

Tom M

PS - notice that in your last post, the structure of the URL for the scan (which doesn't work) is different than the structure of the URL for the photo you took (which does work). The latter has starts with: http://www.mediafire.com/view/ , and ends with the file name. Make sure you include these parts of the address when you try again to send the scan.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great work Ged. My version is coming along nicely, but I'm a little slow. At this point I guess I'm restoring it for myself.

gedstar

Guru
Thanks Sam, looking forward to seeing your results!
I done a color version as well and sent a link to Gary