What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Needing a little help on something.

Nozerone

I'm wanting to do a before/after type of image. I removed some trim on my car, but I wasn't thinking as I took the 2 pictures at different distances. I have no clue how to re-size one of the images so it doesn't get distorted. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm wanting the first pic on top, and second on bottom.

01.png 02.png

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1

Nozerone

Ok, so after making this post. The site did what I wanted for me lol. So just ignore this, I can't seem to figure out how to delete a post.

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
:surprised: .... looks like the 1's and 0's of the site has a life and built in Photoshop of it's own. :eek:

Whatever it did, glad you liked it...?

Come again....

Nozerone

It positioned the 2 pictures in the way I wanted them, and made them both the same size with out distorting either. I just took a screen shot, then cut out the 2 pics together.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
:thumbsup:..... OK....

This is a first.... the PSG forum system beat us to the punch..... :rofl:.

But if you need extra help, just holler....

I'll leave this thread open just in case others want to do one better than the forum resident elf.....

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
In Ps, the original images the OP uploaded where not equal in size.
Screen Shot 2016-02-07 at 2.22.10 PM.png

What the OP desired was to know how to make them equal in size.

I used the Crop Tool to extend the canvas to accommodate the added car image.
I moved the second car into the first car's document. Positioned with the Move Tool.
I then used Free Transform to enlarge the car to somewhat match the first.
Screen Shot 2016-02-07 at 2.30.30 PM.png

When the OP uploaded the images to PSG, they were displayed in equal proportion.
For some reason the OP found this to be the solution to his problem.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
In Ps, the original images the OP uploaded where not equal in size.
View attachment 61884

What the OP desired was to know how to make them equal in size.

I used the Crop Tool to extend the canvas to accommodate the added car image.
I moved the second car into the first car's document. Positioned with the Move Tool.
I then used Free Transform to enlarge the car to somewhat match the first.
View attachment 61886

When the OP uploaded the images to PSG, they were displayed in equal proportion.
For some reason the OP found this to be the solution to his problem.

Which is why I kept the thread open as I was expecting the forum auto resize may not be quite right and OP may return.....

Just to add for the benefit of the OP, Sam.... to make resizing easier, lower the transparency of the topmost second car layer so you can see the first car image underneath and match the size from front to rear......

BTW.... You're such a spoil sport Sam. You blew the myth of the Forum Elf..... lol....

Nozerone

Thanks for going ahead and doing that with the pictures. It is more along the lines of what I was looking for. The site did something similar, and it was good enough for what I was needing it for. I'll save the improved version though, I'll need the pic again in the future.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it. =D