What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anubis

Hello,
My Mom recently passed away. The last picture I have of her is a selfie she took. The picture is ok but im hoping one of you guys can fix it up a bit.
Please blur the background put her anywhere but someplace with a TV in the background. Please remove the odd bunching of skin just below her right eye I really have no idea how that got there. Using your own judgement clean up and sharpen the image. Finally last request, two images please one with her hair as is and one with her hair black, In her mid 30's my mom started giving away her hair and not dying it but i always remember her with beautiful raven black hair. Thank you so much in advance this photo means alot to me.
IMG_2318.jpg

P.S. Sorry for the quality my Mama wasnt big on smartphones or expensive cameras XD

Tom Mann

Guru
Maybe take a few years off, as well?

Tom M

PS - I'm not at all happy with the hair or the remaining jpg artifacts in this version, but I didn't want to spend any more time on this unless the OP liked the general idea. If he does, I'll work on these things.

Attachments

• tjm01-acr0-ps01a-02.jpg
    tjm01-acr0-ps01a-02.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 35

Anubis

Wow thank you guys for your hard work that last one though looks like mama when she was 22 XD thx again

Anubis

Maybe take a few years off, as well?

Tom M

PS - I'm not at all happy with the hair or the remaining jpg artifacts in this version, but I didn't want to spend any more time on this unless the OP liked the general idea. If he does, I'll work on these things.

The pic is beautiful thank you if you want to keep going be my guest

Tom Mann

Guru
Thank you. I'm really glad you like it. I'll be happy to keep working on it, but I won't be able to get back to my Photoshop computer till either very late tonight or tomorrow.

That being said, by any chance, do you have either the original or a larger copy of that photo. If I am going to continue to work on it, I might as well work on the best version available. Specifically, I am 99% sure that image is not the original and has already been manipulated in some way, if only, shrunk in size. Such manipulation is likely what has caused many of the artifacts in the version you posted.

Cheers,

Tom M

Anubis

here is the undoctored image straight from her FB (which i know lowers quality but i dont have access to her phone)
316992_108779702561077_608418_n.jpg
P.S.
On a side not here is what her hair used to look like just so happen to come across this today
ps_2016_03_01___15_07_52.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
Here is the un-doctored image straight from FB (which i know lowers quality but i don't have access to her phone)...

Hi Anubis - Thank you for digging up the FB version, but, unfortunately, the FB version is even (substantially) smaller (in numbers of pixels in each direction) than the first one you posted in the thread. This one is only 240 x 320 pixels, whereas the first one you posted was 750 x 999.

I can't emphasize enough that it would help *enormously* in terms of quality of the final product if you could get the original straight from her phone. If you don't have personal access to it, but the phone still exists (albeit, probably without a service contract after her passing), maybe you could persuade whomever has it to pull off this photo and send it to you. Of course, if this really can't be done, I'll do my best with what we have.

Cheers,

Tom M

Paul

Former Member
Used the original from her FB recoloured her hair and added some warmth to her face.

ori.jpg

Anubis

Hi Anubis - Thank you for digging up the FB version, but, unfortunately, the FB version is even (substantially) smaller (in numbers of pixels in each direction) than the first one you posted in the thread. This one is only 240 x 320 pixels, whereas the first one you posted was 750 x 999.

I can't emphasize enough that it would help *enormously* in terms of quality of the final product if you could get the original straight from her phone. If you don't have personal access to it, but the phone still exists (albeit, probably without a service contract after her passing), maybe you could persuade whomever has it to pull off this photo and send it to you. Of course, if this really can't be done, I'll do my best with what we have.

Cheers,

Tom M

Thats the best i can do it is odd that the first was larger the first was a screenshot from my phone the other was pulled straight from fb on PC.

IMG_2318.PNG

here is the uncropped version from the screenshot i took its the best i can do