What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird image

Andeew

Hi all

I took this image of a bird which hit my office window. Sad for the bird because it can't have survived this - although I suspect that a local fox got a meal.

If you look you can see that there is quite a lot of detail in the image. I was thinking that it should be possible to isolate the bird from the background to some extent?

My Photoshop skills are not up to doing this.

I thought that it would be an interesting challenge for someone with a bit more experience.

Andeew

Attachments

• duck.jpg
    duck.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Andeew and welcome to PSG.

I'm not sure there's much of an imprint there to be isolated. While I realize that this photo is one of a bird strike imprint and it's very detailed as is, but it lacks features that make it identifiable as a bird.

Take a look at these:
DSC_00021221176787.jpg

bird-hit-window.jpg

article-2034712-0DBFDA1700000578-782_634x476.jpg

In your image, there's an obvious body imprint and one of the leading edge of the birds left wing without any of the flight feathers making it identifiable as a bird. Other than blending in the reflection of the photographer, I'm not sure what else can be done to improve the image.