What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merging 2 images to create New One

crzlv4

Hi There,

Attached 2 pictures. One is a Sun and another one is a space ship.

I would like to remove the background of the spaceship and to place only the space ship in to the sun image as if the space ship is coming around the sun. And also the new image size will be Height: 1000 pixel and Width 635 pixel, Resolution 2500 pixel/inch.

Attachments

• SUN.jpeg
    SUN.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • SPACESHIP.jpg
    SPACESHIP.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6

gedstar

Guru
Hi and Welcome to PSG

Are you looking for help to do this or are you asking someone to do it for you, if you're looking for someone to do it for you I can move it to the Free Request section
Another question why do you need it to be 2500 pixels/inch?

Last edited:

Rich54

Guru
You said you want the final product to be 1,000 height x 635 wide, which completely changes the proportions of your original image. Is that really what you want, or the other way around? I've done it both ways. And I agree with Gedstar... there is no advantage in having the resolution be 2,500 pixels per inch. These are 300 ppi. If you really need 2,500 you can go to Image>Image Size and make the change there.

Space1.png

Space2.png

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Nice idea that shield Sam.
:thumbsup:

But I doubt we'll see the OP back again.

If it was a request it felt like an order for a chinese takeaway.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice idea that shield Sam.
:thumbsup:

But I doubt we'll see the OP back again.

If it was a request it felt like an order for a chinese takeaway.

I also agree Eggy which explains post #4. It's also why I only played with the image and did not try to meet any of the sizing requirements.

crzlv4

Hi Everyone,

Extremely sorry for not describing my requirements clearly. Nevertheless, thank you very much Rich54 and IamSam for the nice job.

Dear gedstar,

Actually it was a request for step by step guide to do such kind of job in PS. Thanks and pls can I have a guideline or tutorial.

Thanks.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Actually it was a request for step by step guide to do such kind of job in PS. Thanks and pls can I have a guideline or tutorial.

Thanks.
I apologize if the the following sounds harsh, but I'm only trying to make a reasonable observation.

Your thread title was "Merging 2 images to create New One".

This is your first post:
crzlv4 said:
Hi There,

Attached 2 pictures. One is a Sun and another one is a space ship.

I would like to remove the background of the spaceship and to place only the space ship in to the sun image as if the space ship is coming around the sun. And also the new image size will be Height: 1000 pixel and Width 635 pixel, Resolution 2500 pixel/inch.

At no point do you mention that you would like a step by step guide on how to accomplish the task. Don't you think that would have been an important addition to your original post if that was what you needed?

Please explain why you asked for the specific size and resolution parameters if you were only needing a step by step guide?

crzlv4

Hi IamSam,

My apologies for the confusion which I have clarified on my second response.

I am trying to learn PS, specially photo editing which is I think really useful in publishing/print media.

The specific dimension I asked is suitable for an usual book cover and that is why I asked it.

Thanks.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the response, it explains a lot.