What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

clj17

Hi all!

I am in the process of making t-shirts for one of my friends and ran into a little snag when it came to uploading the pictures - I'm really bad at Photoshop! If somebody would please help me, that'd be great as I'm trying to get these done ASAP! The only thing I need is all of the background removed entirely so that you only see the sprint car. I could get a majority of it when I was trying on my own, but those little nooks and crannies in between the tires, headrest, ext. were torture.

So yes, all I need is any and all of the background removed to where you are only seeing the sprint car itself.

Thank you SOOO much! :)

3ss1e7sv9q07ilka5jihr3r8t7268302.jpg-final.jpg

mt12bvip2qff8tgdhjtasfu250258689.jpg-final.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

Do you have larger resolution images? These two images are way too small.

clj17

Hi IamSam!

I increased the size as much as I could (3500). There are actually 3 by the way, I forgot one!

Hopefully these will work, I'm in a bit of a bind now!

Thanks a million!

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

new3.jpg

Rich54

Guru
The first two are a bit blurry and I had difficulty distinguishing the car from the background, so you may need to do some further touch-up on those. I saved them as PNG files, so they have a transparent background. Enjoy.

new1.png

new2.png

new3.png

clj17

The first two are a bit blurry and I had difficulty distinguishing the car from the background, so you may need to do some further touch-up on those. I saved them as PNG files, so they have a transparent background. Enjoy.

Thank you so much!

Is there anyway you could re-do this last one for me? I forgot to add the animation first. I just need the background taken out again!

Thank you!
:)

new4.jpg

Rich54

Guru
Just asking... why can't you apply your animation effect to the version I provided with the background already removed?

Just asking... why can't you apply your animation effect to the version I provided with the background already removed?

Classically typical. Give 'em an inch...... and they take a yard.

(or centimeter and meter!)

clj17

Help for a very Photoshop-challenged girl!

Hi all!

I hate asking for help with this again, but as I am still learning my way around Photoshop, I unfortunately have a deadline to meet with this.
I would be eternally grateful if somebody could remove the background from both of these pictures so that it is just the car you see. I wouldn't mind if some of the track is left underneath the tires because that might actually look better on the shirts - but ultimately it's what you think would look best! Also if it isn't too much trouble, I would like the '38' in the first picture to be more red.

Thank you so much in advance! :cheesygrin:

new.jpg

new2.jpg

clj17

I am currently learning how to use the pen tool, and am getting slightly better each day, but in this situation I am in a bit of a rush. The original t-shirts I sent to them using the images I previously posted about we're great but the family decided that they would rather have these action shots instead and are putting a lot of pressure on me getting it done and to them to order by Thursday. I'm definitely trying to learn, but this is just one of those times that I need to really hurry in getting everything done and I'm in a bind.
And I appreciate the articles, I'm sure they'll be very helpful in my never ending confusion about all things Photoshop lol.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
One of the easiest ways is to.............

1. Duplicate the original. Turn off the original.
2. Create a new layer between the original and the duplicate, fill this layer with white.
3. Add a layer mask to the duplicated original layer.

Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 2.31.10 PM.png

4. Select your Brush Tool
5. Set your Brush at Spacing 1% and Hardness to 60% to 70%
6. Make sure you have the layer mask selected. You can tell if it is by the white brackets around it.
7. Begin brushing out the background.

Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 2.35.13 PM.png

Use the right and left Bracket keys on your keyboard to change the brush size.

This is a bit manual but if the other tools intimidate you, this method is very easy and goes very fast.

tigerjonny

sam i know its not my post but i have just tried that and its a lot easier than the way i was told a while ago..

john