What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need help removing background from bird cage

mromanos

i've tried by my self with photoshop, but i can't get it fully, I'm just trying to fully remove the whites in it so i can put it on like any background for my wallpaper, any and all help is appreciated

Attachments

• birdcage.jpg
    birdcage.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 14

Rich54

Guru
Is this ok? It's a PNG file, so it looks here like it's on a white background, but it's actually a transparent background that you can place over any image.

birdcage.png

Last edited:

Rich54

Guru
wow thats, perfect, how'd you do that so quickly

There is a set of adjustments buried within 'layer styles' called Blend-If. I was able to get 95% of the job done in just a few seconds using that, but then it required a bit of manual clean-up. I'm at work now and don't have access to photoshop, but sometime tonight I can show you what I did. In the meantime, if you Google 'photoshop blend if tutorials' you'll get the basic idea.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The magic wand will aslo remove those sections for a quick easy fix.

Hey Ben! Great to see you on the forum!

Would it be at all possible for you to please post a version where you used the Magic Wand Tool to remove the sections?

unseenmagik

Would it be at all possible for you to please post a version where you used the Magic Wand Tool to remove the sections?

Hiya Sam.

Yes of course. Just about to leave work so will do it when I get back home later for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unseenmagik

This is the finished image using nothing other than the magic wand tool....

EDIT: Whoops, looks like i left the grey in the top hook. Never mind, you get the idea !

cage_magic.png