What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone please replace the current background of this photo?

threetrees

I really need the silly rug texture taken out from behind the hands and replaced with something simple, just a simple white/off-white background if possible, the areas around the arms where the rug overlaps is causing me nightmares.

I'd be really grateful, thanks!

Attachments

• MHcombin2.jpg
    MHcombin2.jpg
    678.5 KB · Views: 5

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I did cut out the hands and saved it as a PNG (no background.
You can put the hand on whatever background you like.

PNG

hands.png

example on colored backgrounds

hands.jpg

Tom Mann

Guru
My take on this is slightly different from Eggy's in that I wanted to get a somewhat better skin tone (ie, reduce the orange color cast in the original).

Since the original was so blurry and noisy, and this was only an example, I didn't spend a lot of time on the cutout / selection process, so halos are visible against the darker background when the composite is put together. With more care, these could be reduced.

Attachment #1 is a screen grab with the checkerboard pattern that shows the background has been removed

#2 is the actual PNG (note - it shows up in this preview with a white background, even though it is transparent).

#3 is my guess at the sort of background you might be thinking about.

HTH,

Tom M

Attachments

• screen_grab-showing_bkgnd_removed.jpg
    screen_grab-showing_bkgnd_removed.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 0
  • MHcombin2-tjm01-ps01a-03_50pct.png
    MHcombin2-tjm01-ps01a-03_50pct.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • MHcombin2-tjm01-ps01b-02_red_blue_bkgnd.jpg
    MHcombin2-tjm01-ps01b-02_red_blue_bkgnd.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
:banghead:

I was in a hurry and I knew I did forgot something...remove the orange cast and restore the skin tone...