What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting Image Overlay

Ozoriah

Hello!

I realize this request may be a little strange (and possibly challenging, but I'm no expert) but I'd be very grateful if someone was able to fulfill it for me. I was hoping someone would be able to edit together a picture of my cat:

IMG_6022.JPG

With this space artwork as the background:

coolneb_editedV2.jpg

In the style of this photo:

cover5.jpg

I'm not sure how hard this will be to do so if you need anything else from me I'm willing to do so as best as I can. I'm just really looking forward to the final result. I'm hoping the more silvery-grey color of my cat will help blend into the cooler colors of the image I chose. I'm planning on using this as a cover photo so the original background photo is cropped into Facebook's aspect ratio. If you'd like the original for reference, to easier create the image on if that works better, or if you're really awesome and feeling extra gracious would like to create a second, non-cropped image for keepsake value it's here:

coolneb_edited.jpg

Thank you so much ahead of time and again, I'm willing to comply to anything I can to help you do what you need to for this image.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome.

These are screen shots.

Which version do you prefer?

Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 12.45.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 12.47.47 AM.png

Ozoriah

Wow thanks so much, that looks amazing.

Is there a possibility of it being a little in between the two? I like the first one more, but perhaps just a little more color? Just so that there's a subtle hint of color but not such a deep blue in the fur.

And are you able to get in the full extended background? Just asking because I wasn't sure if you cropped the image some more just for the screenshot or if that's your final version.

EDIT: Sorry I feel a fool, completely looked over where you said they were screenshots.

Last edited:

Ozoriah

Oh and are you able to make the fur on the bottom a little more opaque? Just so that the fur extends more to the bottom of the picture and doesn't look completely like a floating head.

Sorry if I'm being picky, especially for such a strange picture.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well................given the technique I've used, I'm a bit limited as I'm using blending modes to create the effect. When I thin out the fur at the bottom to achieve more opacity, there are some annoying highlights that begin to show through.

This is about as good as I can get it. I could add a bit more color if you like though.

Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 12.58.30 AM.png

Or maybe a bit larger.....
Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 1.11.27 AM.png

Ozoriah

Making it a bit larger works just perfectly, especially considering how long the image is. Also the coloring of that on looks really good. It seems to have more color than the previous, but if you didn't do anything to the color I might just be crazy. I'd say that's about all I can ask for.

You wouldn't happen to have the full size image would you?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hope you won't judge me too much for my request.
No judgment...........there's nothing wrong with your request. Trust me............we've had some crazy ones! LOL!!

Ozoriah

No judgment...........there's nothing wrong with your request. Trust me............we've had some crazy ones! LOL!!

I can bet, just glad they made me seem normal. Let me know if there's anything I can do as a thanks, it's great work. Would have put it under freelance, but unfortunately money is a rare luxury in college.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I can bet, just glad they made me seem normal. Let me know if there's anything I can do as a thanks, it's great work. Would have put it under freelance, but unfortunately money is a rare luxury in college.
We're good!

Been to College, done that..........totally understand!