What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please remove everything in picture except 'Ferko' signature.

techteej

I would like to extract the Ferko signature from this logo. Whenever I try it does not look good, nor does it scale very well.

new ferko.png

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Rich54

Guru
There is a hard (but better) way, and a very quick way that came out pretty good (image below):
1. The hard way is to use the Pen Tool to carefully create a selection of the signature. This is very time consuming and requires knowledge of the Pen tool, but you'll get the best results.
2. A quick way is to use the Magic Wand and select the red color (be sure to un-check the 'contiguous' setting). With that selection active, go to Select>Modify>Expand. I expanded by two pixels, which nicely captured the green stroke around the red lettering. If you're working on a larger version of the image you may need a different pixel setting. Copy that expanded selection to its own layer and convert the layer to a Smart Object. That will help you to scale it up without distorting too badly.

Ferko.png

Last edited: