What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Isolate my Grandma in this photo if possible?

jcm07

This photo has my Grandma, who just passed away, and all my kids. Apparently nobody has taken a photo of *just her* lately and they are looking for one for the funeral home according to my Mom. Does anyone have an idea of how to isolate her in this photo? Maybe crop her out, and place on a plain background? Nice tan color maybe? I would so appreciate some help. Thank you.

IMG_1239-001.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops; somehow attached it and inserted it both ...
It's fine, don't worry about it.

I'm certain someone will be along to help you out shortly. Thanks.

Personally, I have found that for a photo to be displayed at a funeral, the family almost always seems to appreciate it if I shave a few years off the deceased. Also, IMHO, there was way too much build-up of contrast and harshness going from the original that was posted by the OP to the previous tweaked versions. I tried to counteract some of that.

Finally, I'm not sure what size you intend to print this photo at, but if you want an 8x10" print, many commercial printers will reject an image (or, at least warn the customer) if the dimensions of the image (in pixels) is as low as the previous tweaked versions. To allow the OP to print it, I up-rez'ed it by 2x. This doesn't increase the apparent sharpness, but at least the resulting file should satisfy most printers / not generate any warnings.

Anyway, here's my take on it.

The best of luck and my condolences to your family.

Tom M

Attachments

• IMG_1239-001_B-tjm01-acr-ps02a_2x-01.jpg
    IMG_1239-001_B-tjm01-acr-ps02a_2x-01.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
PS - Just my opinion, but I think that the original photo of her surrounded by all of her grandkids is an absolutely wonderful family photo that should also be displayed at the funeral. Even though it's just a snapshot, my guess is that she would love being remembered surrounded by her family.

Cheers,

Tom M

Back