What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Straighten Photo

AllGood

Hello, all! I new to this forum and have a limited knowledge of Photoshop. I'm learning every day. I'm looking for help straightening the photo below. What is the best method to achieve this? This is a document accepting my 4th great grandfather, John Hancock into the Western Regiment of the Mendip Legion (Somerset, England) in 1804. I would like to frame it, but its present state is not suitable for this due to the paper folds. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Allen Goodwin-Hancock

Mendip Legion 2.jpg

gedstar

Guru
Hi and welcome to PSG

If you have access to the original document it would make more sense to have it scanned instead of taken a photo of it!

AllGood

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the original. I wish I did! It would be a much easier solution.

Cheers!

gedstar

Guru
I just tried to straighten the top bit, it's not perfect, just curious to see if it could be done

document.jpg

gedstar

Guru
No I actually made a selection of the top part with the quick selection tool and copied that to a new layer and used the warp tool
Also used the clone stamp tool and healing brush tool

document1.jpg

AllGood

Wow, chrisdesign!!!!! That is absolutely perfect and fast. I barely got started trying to do it myself. Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate it. It's definitely suitable for framing now.

AllGood

You guys are absolutely awesome!!! Tom that looks beautiful! What a difference. I can't believe it's the same document.Im very happy that I joined this forum and I really appreciate the help.

Thanks so much!!!!

Allen