What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Student need a helping hand for a logo project

Simon Mercier

Hi guys!

Im happy to see a community that can help people in difficulty like me. Let me write you what my problem is about first.

You can call me Sim or Simon, Im 22 yo, Im myself a technical nurse and I have decided recently to perfect myself in a University program called Nursing Science. I have decided to invest myself in the students committee, I volounteerly decided to find sponsorship to fund University activities for students. I have been elected a the Vice-president of financial partnership of the committee. This all lead me to make the decision of creating a business card which i can leave to business owners after meetings for sponsorship.

I tried hard to succes in creating a logo via paint but I failed hard (I cant even say it was a logo), so this is where you can help me to to get through the creating phase so I can go foward to make all this real. I will be so thankful to people that will give me a helping hand.

Let me give you some info. I dont have specificities about the logo, idealy circle form but creativity is welcome
So, I was thinking (as I represent the AEESIUL committe financial partnership) that we can use the AESSIUL cross as a base of the logo or my University logo (Université Laval, or anything related to nursing world (like the famous red cross). I tried to play with red via paint but it all appear ugly once printed, I know there is alot of beautiful red color but how I can use them and make specfial shiny effect. In fact I only succeeded to put the AEESIUL cross in a circle..

Extra info (can help) :
Uniuversity name's : Université Laval
Program I study in : Nursing sciences
University location : East Canada
Destinator : Business owners
Can be related to : Healthcare, Nursing, Students, etc

I work on this job for free, for my friends and others students. Really Im very thankful to anyone who will give me a helping hand. (I wanna say sorry if I made spelling mistakes in my text, understand that Im french speaker and english is my second langage :)

Thanks all for your time,
Simon

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
Hi Simon - Welcome to PSG! A couple of suggestions:

1) We have members scattered throughout the world, so it may take some time for someone to answer your request, so, please be patient.

2) There are a huge number of different directions one could go given the basic idea of a nursing logo and the suggestions you already made, so, unfortunately, this means that there is a good chance that when people come up with ideas for you , you won't like any of them.

To make the design process more efficient, why don't you go to Google Images and enter "nursing logo" into the search bar. Scroll through all the different ideas and pick out 5 or 10 that you really like and copy their URLs. Then put these URLs into a post in this thread. That will give us a much better idea of what you and your fellow students like, so we are not wasting our time on ideas that don't match what you want.

Cheers,

Tom M

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
Hi Simon - So, just to confirm that I understand you correctly, all you want is the "student association cross" in a setting similar to that of the example from Shutterstock, and we don't have to look at other designs? Correct?

Tom M

Jerry D

Power User
Whoops

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
Jerry, nice attempt. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Simon wants all 5 of the blocks in the image just above yours to be included in the red circular background that you used, not just a single white cross with text in the middle.

Tom M

Jerry D

Power User
Sorry,my bad

Simon Mercier

Hi jerry!
I really like what you have done. In fact you designed exactly what I was trying to say. Just one thing, are you able to combine our AEESIUL cross (picture in my previous comments) to fit in the logo circle and to remplace the white cross ? I feel we are getting closer, I love the white semi-circle which give the impression that the red is shinning and I love the red-white-red-gray setup that form the circle/logo.

I repost the cross that Im talking about :aeesiul.jpg

Simon Mercier

Hi Jerry!
This is exactly what I was looking for !! I dont know how to say how much Im thankful for the help you provide. This will definitely be on my card.

Thank you again, you made my life happier now that I can go foward with my project. Karma will give you back,

You made a friend, a Canadian one :) thank you !!!!!:youtheman: