What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop request

hawkeye

Guru
If it's you, why don't you just take another picture of yourself holding a peace sign?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just a reminder, we leave the decision of carrying out free edits to the discretion of our members. Our members are comprised of people located in many countries with different time zones so please be patient as it may take awhile for our interested members to see your request and reply. Be prepared, it's also a possibility that you may not receive any help on your Free Request.

While I can agree that Hawkeye has a valid point, the purpose of this sub forum is to provide a learning opportunity where our members can practice photo editing and compositing techniques. We should be mindful of the OP and respect whatever reasoning they may have for their request. If we have concerns about the motive behind any request, it's our choice not to help with the edit.

Argos

Guru
Seems and easy request but i thiink this will be a mayor job to do it realistic, recreation of the fingernail withouth anoher image is almost imposible to look real (at least for me XD) and is not just colocate the finger needs to apply perspective shadows etc etc etc.

I made a lazy example just in case it help you.

PoCmMQ82.jpg

Cheers!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I tend to agree with Ged, with the hand turned backwards it's more of a rude flip off gesture.

Since I can vouch for the time period, all peace gestures are made with the palm forward. Maybe she just wants a traditional peace sign..........

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 1.31.57 PM.png

Eggy

Retired Moderator
In the UK:

"__Two fingers in a 'V' sign means victory when the palm is towards the person(s) being gestured. If the palm is the other way it is considered a rude sign or challenge.
This sign is from the time when English bowmen were feared all over Europe for their firepower and accuracy. It was a defiant gesture to the enemy who would cut off the first two fingers of the bowman’s right hand if they were captured.
Loosely translated it means "come and get me" or "up yours".__"