What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help me to photoshop the dog into the X-mas card

rickyheera

I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me with photoshopping the image of the guide dog into the image of the x-mas setting without the whole picture looking too fake or photoshopped. This is for an x-mas e-card for a non-profit org.

Thank you so much in advance. I can send you the separate files via email if required.

Beautiful-Christmas-Tree-in-Winter-HD-Picture.jpgGuide_Dog.jpg

Last edited:

Rich54

Guru
There's somewhat of a mismatch in the lighting of the two photos. The dog is lit with fairly even light coming from the top-right. But the light sources in the room are a strong source coming from directly behind (fireplace) and also from the left (tree). I tried to create my own shadows and highlights on the dog to match the lighting in the room---and maybe others can do a better job than I did---but that's the kind of thing that makes the image look "photoshopped".

Also, I could be wrong here, but it seems to me that the room may have been shot using a wide-angle lens, but the dog was not. That will also contribute to the composite not looking quite right. But anyway... here's my try.

Christmas.jpg

Last edited:

rickyheera

Hey ZeroCool22

That's amazing work! Totally mind blown. I love the first variation but I was wondering if the dog could be bigger and also have the X-mas tree similar to the one in the 2nd variant where the lights are less bright and the ornaments more visible. Also, would it be possible to add in a santa hat on the dog's head?

Last edited:

ZeroCool22

Banned
Hey ZeroCool22

That's amazing work! Totally mind blown. I love the first variation but I was wondering if the dog could be bigger and also have the X-mas tree similar to the one in the 2nd variant where the lights are less bright and the ornaments more visible. Also, would it be possible to add in a santa hat on the dog's head?

Big doggy, Santa hat & Tree from 2nd pic on this one:

Beautiful-Christmas-Tree-in-Winter-HD-Picture3.jpg

Last edited:

rickyheera

Big doggy, Santa hat & Tree from 2nd pic on this one:
@ZeroCool22 This is really amazing work. If it is not too much trouble, could the hat I have attached with minor blending? christmashat.png

Could you also share some of the techniques you used to blend the dog and the hat in?

Thanks you once again, everything else is perfect. I am truly grateful for the amazing help.

Last edited:

ZeroCool22

Banned
Your Hat:
Beautiful-Christmas-Tree-in-Winter-HD-Picture5.jpg
I personally wouldn't do the hat too vibrant cause it doesn't match with the rest of the pic, but if u want it like that, here it's.

Last edited:

rickyheera

ZeroCool22 I actually agree with you now that I see it. I personally prefer your previous design with but perhaps with the red hat being more vibrant. The hat you used looks way more natural.