What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wife Anniversary Present help

Zangh

Hello, I am looking to make a t-shirt for my wife of her favorite album as an anniversary present. Sirens of the Sea by Oceanlab. (old trance group we listen to)
I would like to have the background removed so it is just the girl and her dress with the tassels and lace whatever you want to call it and the words of the album and group name. Basically no signs of water so that I can upload it to a shirt design website and make it look nice :)

www.photoshopgurus.com.jpg

This would mean the world to my wife and I.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eggy, that's a great selection. May I ask how you did it (particularly the netting)?

It's a secret.
p3KgQF3.gif

Nope, no secret at all, just using select and mask and his features provided by PS.
I started by making a copy of the layer, play with levels and curves to enhance the contrast as well as possible.
Then, in select and mask in onion mode I made my selection without the netting.
For the netting go into overlay mode and adapt the opacity. With a soft small brush set at - (minus)(otherwise hold alt the whole time) I started to remove the netting in a very precise way. (= patience)
Then tick 'decontaminate' colors and save.
Clean up the image in the added layer mask. (use white and/or black background in underlaying layer to help you with the clean up)
Select that layer (mask) (CTRL+thumbnail) make the original layer active and add the layer mask.
Adjusted the washed out under water colors.

It took me about half an hour to make the selection...

Oh, I forgot, the difficult to see part in the netting, use the burn tool set at about 10% (easier to do another pass than ctrl+Z)

Last edited:

Back