What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edit a class photo for me please

hjscm

think it looks good with the planes tuned the right way with lettering right. will this be enough for me to enlarge to say a 16x20 or 1x14 with gallery wrap? ill try that and see if it works.

hjscm

just tried i keep losing the recruit on the left side of photo, but the not losing the writing on the walls

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hold on, I have a quick solution.......give me a sec

hjscm

I'm sorry this is getting so hard. that one cuts off the people on the right now if i enlarge to a 11x14. the first pics that were up i am able to enlarge without cutting anyone off.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm sorry this is getting so hard. that one cuts off the people on the right now if i enlarge to a 11x14. the first pics that were up i am able to enlarge without cutting anyone off.
You'll need to crop the image then enlarge so that it will fit.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If and when you try to use the "gallery wrap" and it cuts off one side or the other, then you must readjust the image (by cropping) until it fits.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The Black line/rectangle represents the top of the canvas.

The White line/rectangel represents the gallery wrap margin.

The red arrow points to the area that will need to be cropped.

Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 3.40.54 PM.png

Tom Mann

Guru
hjscm - I'm not sure you realize that if your current image in PS has the correct aspect ratio (ie, the same proportions as the desired 16x20 or 11x14" canvas stretcher/frame), then you don't need to do any cropping or adding fake areas on any side. All you do is "reflect" each edge as shown in the latter part of this tutorial:

http://www.wunderbars.com/how-to-photoshop-canvas-wrap.html

The only situation in which you might need to add a bit more space on each edge is the case where the canvas stretcher is going to be mounted inside a conventional decorative frame so a bit of each edge gets covered up by the decorative frame.

BTW, there are other ways to get the extra flaps of canvas that are needed to be folded over the stretcher bars and stapled out of sight. One very convenient one is OnOne Software's "Perfect Resize" ( http://blog.kenkaminesky.com/onone-perfect-resize-software-review/ ). Scroll down to the section titled: "Gallery Wrapping Canvas Prints", and you will see that you just adjust sliders or type in the size of the extra flaps of canvas needed and you are done. I'll be happy to do that for you once a stable design point is reached.

HTH,

Tom M

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
By the way, I'm a current member of our local VFD (in the DC area), and, if I'm not mistaken, Sam is (or was), as well. Here's a shot of about 15 or 20% of our active members just before an open house.

D7B_9525-LR_to_full_rez_sRGB-02_name_obscured-3300px.jpg

Cheers,

Tom M

hjscm

ok so i think i have it now. thank you. on the one were i wrote the letters i was able just to use on1 to gallery wrap it and it worked fine. on the rest of them after it would not work. and if i went into photoshop cs6 i had constrain proportions on and it would give me something like 14 x 9.39. so i could not get a 11x14. sorry for totally making this way harder then it had to be. no i have to remember which one had the planes the right way. lol

Tom Mann

Guru
Thank you, too! Congrats on making it thru the academy. Doing so isn't easy.

All the best,

Tom M