What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can somebody please achieve this effect with different letters?

machulnyy

Hi!

I want to achieve this 3d effect of the letters (as if inside a cube), but using IOL instead of ILC. Can someone do this please?
If you could tell me how you did it, would be great!

1a.jpg

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Like this?

IOL.jpg

As for how I made it I must say first that this kind of logo is mostly made in Adobe Illustrator of Coreldraw, a vector drawing program anyhow.

So I made this one in CorelDraw with a lot of guidelines (about the same as in Illustrator)

Untitled-1.jpg

Mind you, it can be done in PS but for me it was easier in CorelDraw and export it as an JPEG.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Eggy!

I wish Ps had the ability to lay in angled guides like Ai or CorelDraw. I was getting there with Ps, but it was monotonous. I was setting up my inner box template within the polygon, but it was ugly.

Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 10.23.46 AM.png

Now I don't have to finish! LOL!!!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
PS being around for so long now and no possibility to apply angled guidelines is something I don't understand.
But the main point is with a stylised logo or project I'm still going back to CorelDraw. I know it wel (using it since version 3) and everything goes automatic.
Although I have to say I tend to press CTRL+Z way too often and that doesn't work in CorelDraw...:cheesygrin:

machulnyy

Thank you so much! Great job! Would you be able to send me the vector file (.ai if possible) by any chance? would like to see whats what, play around with it and change the colours...

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Oops, first it was a CorelDraw file (*.cdr) that I exported as a JPEG but I already deleted the cdr file...:cry: (I can't keep all the request files)

But if you want to change the color of the logo use the magic wand tool to select the logo and place it on his own layer. You can then give it any color you want and the same goes for the background.

Confestium

Not sure if its just me but I feel a little uncomfortable with the way it was made. The concept has been copyied straight off the original with a few minor changes.

Being a logo designer myself, if I knew about one of my designs been copied like this, I wouldnt be that happy.

Im sure a logo could have been made that was more original and not a straight up copy.

Just my two pennies worth.

machulnyy

duly noted. Hence why I wanted to play around with it myself. Although I'm limited in what I can change, since this exact 3d effect was the source of my inspiration to try it, I also want to try make it more unique. Thanks