What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Continous pattern?

hjortsberg

Hi!

I want to learn how to make continuous patterns:)

For example I want to have a continuous pattern of paws, like the ones showing in the attached picture.

I want to learn how to do continuous patterns of all types, if there is a general tutorial och some basic pointers, I will be glad to se it:)

Thank you in advance!8365098-seamless-animal-pattern-of-paw-footprint.jpg

Tom Mann

Guru
Google {seamless tile offset Photoshop tutorial}, and you will see many tutorials on the subject. The key tool to use is PS's "offset" command.

The pattern you showed is particularly easy to do because of all the blank white spaces between individual elements. Since you want a two dimensional pattern, just do it first in 1D to the desired width, then do it again in the perpendicular direction.

Once you have given it a try, if you are having any problems, don't hesitate to come back and ask specific questions.

Cheers,

Tom M