What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help me turn the gavel into a jail cell

Bibi808

Is it possible to turn this gavel(the head bit) into a prison cell. Im making a poster for a human rights charity organisation and want to show the irony of how some people do not have fair trials even in court. So i would like to make the gavel into a gavel cage (if that makes sense). And have a person looking into the mirror at a reflection of them selves (with tape over their mouth) about to be imprisoned if this gavel is hit down.

I really hope this is possible.

gavel 2.jpg

Thanks in advance. ;)

Attachments

• gavel.jpg
    gavel.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Bibi808

Really Urgent: Pleeease help me photoshop this man into a "gavel-jail"

Hello,

PLEASE bear with me and read this and see if you can help.

i am creating a poster for one of my assignments (the lecturer approved of me recieving help) the poster is meant to encourage young people to join amnesty international which is a charity organisation that fights for human right.

for my poster i want to focus on the abuse of the right to fair trial. and to do this i came up with the idea to have someone looking into a mirror and what they see is a reflection of themselves being unfairly tried .

so for the photoshop help i would like to turn the head of the gavel (i dont know what it is actually called) into a prison cell ie. the wooden part of the gavel will have prison bars. the gavel would therefore have to be big so that the person in the reflection in the mirror is behind it (in jail)

i would like for the background in the reflection to be yellow so that the man and the gavel are the only things that stand out. (or if this does not make them standout then have the background in the normal colour.

I will attach a picture of the sketch of how i would like it to look.

20161112_015134.jpg

20161112_020526.jpg
Gavel.png

1.jpg

20161111_231948-1.jpg

I appreciate every effort. thank you.

Jerry D

Power User
As you can see, this did not turn out well. Of course, I'm not the best photoshop user, either. But you need to take into consideration the images your project needs. Your posted images are too small, dark, and not well suited for what you had in mind. A lot can be done with Ps, but it's not magic.

20161112_020526a.jpg

Last edited:

Bibi808

@Jerrry D Thanks a lot for giving it a go. About the size of the images, i did try to upload bigger ones but it kept refusing to upload ssying the system couldnt resize my pics and that they were in most cases something like 4050 instead of like 4000 . So i cropped them and downloaded smaller ones. Do you think i should take new ones that are brighter and also try to upload bigger pictures??

Last edited:

Jerry D

Power User
..... Do you think i should take new ones that are brighter and also try to upload bigger pictures??

It's best to have the largest images possible to work with. And, like pointed out below, if you want all of a subject in the finished project,
you need to show all of it. The man's face is too dark to be seen. Stuff like this can be manipulated, but it's never as good as an
original done properly.

Keep in mind, I didn't say I could do it, but it can be done. :)

20161112_020526b.jpg

Last edited:

Bibi808

It's best to have the largest images possible to work with. And, like pointed out below, if you want all of a subject in the finished project,
your need to show all of it. The man's face is too dark to be seen. Stuff like this can be manipulated, but it's never as good as an
original done properly.

Keep in mind, I didn't say I could do it, but it can be done. :)

View attachment 68966

Okay, all the same in really grateful. Let me try to take the pictures again with better light and resize them using an app. Thank you so much. Also, your ps was good too. Thanks again.

Argos

Guru
In my opinion it's a complicated idea with a poor quality photo (light, quality, mirrors, doors, perspective etc etc issues), i think this will require a really great professional photo and still it's complicated to make it look good. Hope it's understandable, hard to explain myself in english XD

Cheers!

Bibi808

In my opinion it's a complicated idea with a poor quality photo (light, quality, mirrors, doors, perspective etc etc issues), i think this will require a really great professional photo and still it's complicated to make it look good. Hope it's understandable, hard to explain myself in english XD

Cheers!

Okay, thank you for taking the time to reply.

Argos

Guru
I made a 10 minut example (sorry for the bad cuts), maybe quit on the idea of the gavel and try something similar?

Fast example poorly done XD

mirrorwall035.jpg

Bibi808

Argos I can see what you mean, this is actually good enough, the poster is not being marked on perfection really so i can work with this, just wanted the idea to sort of come to life. Thank you a lot. Really means a lot that you took the time to help.