What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christopher Choyce

Hello everyone! I'm asking out with some help on making this LEGO Scene look more like winter. It would be nice if the green baseplate was white and the road was partially winterized. Perhaps also some white on the trees? Just think of a typical beautiful winter in the country! This scene is at night though so maybe some possible coloring to make it look lit by the moon.

thumbnail.png4314499b-27f9-4d9c-9489-f14a1007e8f0Original.jpg

Argos

Guru
Hi, you want to know how to do it?

i made a really fast example to know if this is what you looking for
.thumbnail3.jpg

Argos

Guru
it was an example, if you look at close is really poorly done, to do it right (snow lego style XD), you need a lot of time and patience to select the snow parts right, the process is really simple but as i said requires time and patience i can tell you how to do it, but if you want someone to do it, now i cant, maybe someone else do it.

Regards!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Is this what you're looking for?

thumbnail_png4314499b-27f9-4d9c-9489-f14a1007e8f0Original snow.jpg

Let me explain how I did this:
- I opened your picture
- I opened a snow texture picture and placed it over your original picture

5342749399_cbd9d768a3_b.jpg

I used the blend if mode to reveal some of the green layer

Untitled-1.jpg

I appplied a layer mask and with a 'cloud' brush set on 25% I brushed away gently some parts of the road.

This is the night version

thumbnail_png4314499b-27f9-4d9c-9489-f14a1007e8f0Original snow night.jpg

Last edited: