What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help my son feel better please...

kraytos1

Hi!

If any of you gurus could assist me with this, it would be most appreciated! I have tried and failed miserably. My son is currently in the hospital and undergoing treatment for leukemia (Acute Lymphoblastic). He's recently lost most of his hair and is feeling pretty down about it. This is me sitting in his hospital room. I thought he would get a kick out of seeing me with no hair, etc... you know the whole "misery loves company" idea. Any chance you could turn me into the "hairless wonder"? :) Thanks so much in advance!

IMG_0633.JPG

Argos

Guru
Hello ,

I'm sorry about your son and i wish everything turn allright at the end.

Here is my atempt. (My suggestion is to do it for real, you look good XD)

IMG_0633 (2).jpg

Last edited:

fredfish

Guru
#Argos - I would be very interested in your method / workflow if you are up for sharing it.

Cheers

John

Argos

Guru
Hi, fredfish the only problem is my lame english but i will try.. XD

Basically what i did in this case is first look for a image of a bold guy, then adjust the face of the original image with the one i search. Then i use layer mask to erase the face part and only keep the bold. i used clone stamp to erase the hair in the original image)

Then is just try to match the colors and lightning of the original.

Finally i add some degrade blur on the countourn of the head to simulate the focus of the camera. (this part i think can be better, need some work)

Also use the patch tool to help with the transition between the two images.

Hope is understandable XD.

Cheers!

fredfish

Guru
Very much appreciated (and BTW your English is great!)

I appreciate the breakdown - the results were (IMHO) worth it.

Cheers

John