What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Napoleon on an Aprilia

Hi guys!

I'm new here and I hope I'm not asking for something too crazy but I would love it if someone could replace the horse Napoleon is riding in the picture below with the Aprilia RSV4 I'm attaching.

Would be cool if it looks like he is doing a wheelie with the motorcycle in the end.

Thank you so much in advance!!

Attachments

• napoleon-horse.jpg
    napoleon-horse.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 2017-Aprilia-RSV4-RF-02 small.jpg
    2017-Aprilia-RSV4-RF-02 small.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Haha it does look a bit weird, but I kinda like it!!!
Thanks a lot Argos!

If you can spare a little bit more time here is an image of what I had in mind.
Would be excellent to keep the background but if it's too difficult, could you just try to angle the bike 45 degrees up?

NapoleonBikeBig.jpg

Argos

Guru
Hey, sorry for the late response, i dont have time right now and adapt the background to new image requires alot of work (time), sorry..Hope somebody else do it.

Regards

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, I agree with Argos. I myself was working on a version until you posted that you wanted to keep the background. Then it became more work and time than I had. Like Argos, I hope someone else does this for you!

Sorry.

Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 9.44.33 AM.png

Guys, I really appreciate the help so far!
I'm not very fluent with current photoshop functions and I had no idea how much work keeping the background would be.

IamSam, I love what you did!!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not very fluent with current photoshop functions and I had no idea how much work keeping the background would be.

Well, to give you some idea, you would have to clone out/in the horse, cape, and Napoleon outside the white silhouette.

Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 10.31.37 AM.png

Well, to give you some idea, you would have to clone out/in the horse, cape, and Napoleon outside the white silhouette.

View attachment 70692

10-4

So correct me if I'm wrong but the order would be

1/ cut Napoleon out including the horse and cape
2/ add Napoleon to the bike on a separate layer
3/ reattach that layer to original pic using the Napoleon contour
4/ fill in the holes left by bike vs horse shapes

correct?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yep, you would make a selection of Napoleon from the original image.
Then you would place that selection of Napoleon on to new layer using Layer Via Copy (Cmd/Cntrl + J).
There would be no holes in the original.

Then you would make a selection of the Aprilla and mask out it's white background.
Then combine Napoleon with the Aprilla.

There is no reattaching...........Napoleon and the Aprilla are on separate layers above the original.
Then you would create a new layer between the two and go to work with the Clone Stamp Tool cloning out the Horse, the original Napoleon and the flying cape.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice Ged...........I see what you did! Great idea!

gedstar

Guru
It's just not finished yet and it's tea for me, will post back with the finished one in a while!

gedstar

Guru
OK finished

As you noticed I used the image with the bike on it just to save time.
First I removed the BG from the Aprilla image you supplied and copied that to a new layer above the main image, next I made a selection of Napoleon and copied that to another layer above the Aprilla layer.
Then resized and free transformed both images to fit, next thing was just cloning out Napoleon and the original bike, I also added a brightness/contrast layer clipped to the bike layer to darken it.
Finally used the blur tool around the edges, I think that it

image1.jpg

Finished

NapoleonBikeFinished.jpg

Sir, you are a legend!!! Perfect!

OK finished

As you noticed I used the image with the bike on it just to save time.
First I removed the BG from the Aprilla image you supplied and copied that to a new layer above the main image, next I made a selection of Napoleon and copied that to another layer above the Aprilla layer.
Then resized and free transformed both images to fit, next thing was just cloning out Napoleon and the original bike, I also added a brightness/contrast layer clipped to the bike layer to darken it.
Finally used the blur tool around the edges, I think that it

View attachment 70698

Finished

View attachment 70699